PDA

View Full Version : The tough Bellagio 30/60?

Barry
07-13-2004, 03:22 PM
Whenever I have moved up in limits, I have always worried that I was going to be in over my head at the higher limit.

So, again with some trepidation, I started playing in the Bellagio 30/60 on the last night of my last trip and have been playing regularly during this trip. A fellow poster said that he heard that this game was one of the "toughest games in Vegas"

Just how tough is it? Here is the 1st hand that I played last night:

UTG limps, folded to me in MP and I raise with AQo. I'm cold called by an LP, the button and the SB, UTG calls.

Flop is 872, UTG checks, I bet, LP raises, button cold calls, SB folds, UTG wakes up and check/reraises, I fold, the other 2 call.

Turn is a 5 and there is a flush draw on the board.

UTG bets, LP raises, button 3-bets, they both call.

River is something that puts a possible flush on the board and it gets checked around.

UTG shows 82 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the flopped 2 pair, LP shows 75o, for the turned 2 pair and the button shows 64o for the turned gutshot straight.

It would have taken a bomb to get me out of that seat.

Franchise (TTT)
07-13-2004, 03:25 PM
I found it to be a very beatable game when I went half a year ago.

In the proudest play of my life, I put the bluff-squeeze on a fold-prone LA with my unimproved 22 against a LAG who probably had Ace-high, got her to fold her TT with a huff, and took down a big pot. Hoorah.

lil'
07-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Barry,

Nice to hear the game is not so tough, although I didn't really think it would be. I fully expect to play in that game when I hit Vegas this fall.

mike l.
07-13-2004, 08:53 PM
yeah the myth about that game being tough was started by the likes of mason and roy cooke and some other regulars and by now it's pretty much been dispelled. strictly rubbish to keep us out of that lovely lovely game.

3rdCheckRaise
07-14-2004, 03:46 AM
If you compare 30/60 to 15/30 Belagio it is a lot tougher...and it is a toughest game in Vegas for that limit.I think Mirage 40-80 is very similar but softer a bit but i only played there couple of sessions...

Clarkmeister
07-16-2004, 11:42 AM
The fact of the matter is that live games everywhere are so good now that unless you are playing 80 or higher, the games are easily beatable no matter where you go.