PDA

View Full Version : Bet this River?

Dav123
07-13-2004, 02:33 PM
The SNG's were down this morning due to Party's worthless server so I jumped in a few 15-30s. This was the first time I'd ever played higher than 5-10 online.

15-30 Party

EP limper, I have A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP. I raise, LP coldcalls, BB calls EP calls. 4 to the flop.

A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Checked to me, I bet, only BB calls.

A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, I raise, BB reraises, I cap.

A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, bet or check?

mike l.
07-13-2004, 02:38 PM
no one is folding a better hand here. he will call with more better hands and less worse hands. so you check. this one is very clear cut.

badinfluence
07-13-2004, 02:46 PM
I think this is a pretty easy check on the river, don't you?

More importantly, I think you overplayed it on the turn. If BB figures you for a strong hand and 3 bets you on the turn it is probably time to shut down and just call the bet on the end, should he fire.

This feels like a QJ or an AT type hand. I don't think he has AA, KK, or TT b/c he is going to be betting on the end here and the preflop would most likely have felt different.

However, if my read is right, he probably will just check/call the end.

Dav123
07-13-2004, 03:18 PM
He check called the flop, led the turn, and 3 bet the turn.

In live play, I've seen this line only from very good, very tricky players against other good aggressive players. And it is very rare. And it is usually the nuts (always a very strong hand).

Online? I didn't know. When he bet the turn I put him on A6. When he 3 bet, I felt like either A6 or QJ. I guess I felt A6 was more likely at the time.

Dav123
07-13-2004, 03:21 PM
Have you ever played online mikel? Serious question, because I agree that live this is an easy check, and I wouldn't have 4 bet the turn. But online? It seems like the game plays much differently. Many more bets going into the pot on all hands. I'm new to this mid-limit online, like I said, and thats why I posted this.

nopepper
07-13-2004, 03:49 PM
check this river..bb most likely has qj and is now afraid you hit your boat.

with you 4 betting the turn..it gives the impression of a set

DcifrThs
07-13-2004, 04:33 PM
if you JUST CALLED the turn then a bet is fine since its less likely that he's looking to C-R...but he is CLEARLY looking to pop you with QJ.

check. and i cannot see howt his one is near close.

-Barron

Dav123
07-14-2004, 05:55 AM
I checked. He showed AQ. This online game is strange.

ike
07-14-2004, 06:30 AM
I think he's got QJ. Not sure he's popping our hero though. The turn cap looks a whole lot like a set and the board just paired. I'm still checking it through, but not because I fear a checkraise.

ike
07-14-2004, 06:34 AM
You overplayed your hand badly. You mentioned already that when you've seen this line before its been a very strong hand, but that was in live play. Live play is actually much softer in my experience. His turn 3bet represents a hand that beats yours because almost all 15/30 players realize that AK or better is very likely after your turn raise. Call this down. I think you're behind by a lot here.

ike
07-14-2004, 06:35 AM
You got very lucky. Typical opponents will rarely show you a hand this weak. Your check was correct.

bernie
07-14-2004, 10:27 AM
I dont know the player well enough to bet this river. He'd have to be pretty maniacal for me to do that. That's alot of power he showed on the turn to a preflop raiser who obviously has a good piece of this board.

Check behind and be ready to say nice hand.

b

badinfluence
07-15-2004, 12:44 PM
I think you overestimate and confuse the difference between soft games and tough games and the difference between online and live.

You can surely stumble into a number of tough 15 games party that have sensible, tough players. And you can find live games with maniacs crazier than your friend Mr. AQ.

My action would have been the same at party or at the Mirage.

Play your best poker. It doesn't matter to me whether its online or not.