PDA

View Full Version : KK from SB overplayed??

07-13-2004, 02:13 PM
I'm in the SB with KK. Co seems to be a pretty good player, tight, very aggressive, perhaps a bit over-aggressive.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop:
UTG folds, MP calls, CO raises, Button folds, SB <font color="purple">(hero)</font> 3-bets, BB folds, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
hero bets, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
hero bets, MP calls, CO raises, hero 3-bets, MP folds, CO caps, hero calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
hero checks, CO bets, hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

http://www.gavingriffin.com (not finished yet, give me time)

07-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Ok, you guessed it, I'm really the CO. Did the SB overplay his hand on the turn? If I raised the flop, I would understand his play, but doesn't my overcall with position set off alarms?? I called because I thought I could get one BB out of MP on the turn. Is my thinking flawed here?? I look at it like this: MP is pretty loose and might be doing the Party thing and calling with overcards. If this is the case, I don't mind him calling as he may pick up a draw on the turn or hit a pair, in which case, he'll put in another bet or maybe more. So, if that's the case, I get 3, 5, or maybe even 7(unlikely)sb's from him. If I raise and the SB 3-bets, he'll most likely fold and we won't get anything else from him, so that would be 1sb. If he calls the 3-bet and a bet on the turn(the most unlikely scenario), it would be 5sb. So, I think the best case scenario is to call the flop and raise the turn.

http://www.gavingriffin.com (it's not finished yet, gimme time)

MrGo
07-13-2004, 03:03 PM
It wouldn't set off alarms for me if you simply called my flop bet with that board. You could have a pair of T's for all I know. As I think about the turn play, I don't mind SB's 3 bet here. I read your last post (the A7s getting capped on the flop with no pair for either of you) and you're no more likely to have a pair of T's then A high.

If the MP was a loosey goosey, I like your call on the flop to milk an extra bet from him. Not flawed thinking...it's right thinking.

You had two pair? I don't put you on a straight that got there on the river....do I??

07-13-2004, 09:38 PM
I had JJ

joker122
07-13-2004, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why did you check call the river?