PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Kings

BlackMamba
07-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Hello. Just got knocked out of TP NL Holdem SNG. I was knocked out with pocket kings. I'm usually good with the Cowboys but sometimes the cards just fall the worng way. Got a short stack at around $850 while avg. is about $1200. Blinds are $50/$100. Table is very tight/passive. So far, nobody has bet more than $200 at any given time.

I'm dealt K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP. Two people limp and I raise to $250. Having been playing realtively tight, I should knock out a lot of people behind me (oh how wrong I was ). 1 player folds and another player goes all in for $476. That player had just been caught doing a semibluff check raise last hand so his raise doesn't even phase me. Then 3 players after him call the all-in. This really surprises me due to tightness and passiveness of earlier hands. When it comes back around to me, I push in for the rest of my chips, the same players call.

Pot size: Huge /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Flop comes: 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I cringe, seeing the ace, as chances are someone played an ace.

Turn comes:6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Riv comes:6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

One player turns over 10 /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif, so far so good.
Another player turns over Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif,J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. still good.
The third player turns over A /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Damn /images/graemlins/mad.gif
The last player turns over A /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Lol, unbelieveable /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

I was wondering, was my all in 3 bet a good move, or should I have just called and maybe mucked on the flop?

stupidsucker
07-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Id say the push was the best move preflop.

The cards at showdown prove this. Had all of them gone all in before you then maybe you oculd think about laying down like in the other KK thread, but even there people are saying to hold onto KK for dear life.

In this situation you got unlucky and had by far the best hand preflop, and you had some folding equity. These players were chose poorly to have called with those hands, and you got unlucky.