PDA

View Full Version : Changing user names??

Tyler Durden
07-13-2004, 01:38 PM
What is the deal with everyone and their mother feeling the need to change their user name on here lately? Whatever happened to keeping it real? Many of you sicken me.

Tyler Durden.

DcifrThs
07-13-2004, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the deal with everyone and their mother feeling the need to change their user name on here lately? Whatever happened to keeping it real? Many of you sicken me.

Tyler Durden.

[/ QUOTE ]

bite me.

1 person knows my user name and i like it that way. dcifrths was great but EVERYBODY and their mother knew it was me. now i like not being known and IM the one with the knowledge. if i see 1800 or GoT and they raise i know what i have to have to play. if i get reraised by one of them i feel like i have a better handle on the hand because THEY'LL be playing mostly ABC against an unknown (they think i'll call down more often so will be less likely to get tricky w/ me on the turn). i use GoT and 1800 as examples but there are many players on party who are 2+2'ers whom i'd do better against without them knowing my ability to fold. i do fine with the shot taking live but i hate the thought of people ONLINE taking shots at me for some reason.

that was the main reason i changed user names...

so as i said before: bite me!

-Barron

astroglide
07-13-2004, 02:01 PM
i believe he might be referring to people changing their 2+2 names

AJo Go All In
07-13-2004, 02:19 PM
whoa big fella

nummerfire
07-13-2004, 02:23 PM
I think he meant on this board, so calm down.

I agree, it is a pain in the neck, especially when it is posters you trust. Who is El Diablo and 1800Gambler. Okay El Diablo is Ulysses, but I only found out because of the very funny Ulyquest thread where someone doubted he was even a player.

Kim

daryn
07-13-2004, 02:26 PM
wow, you really blew up for no reason.

besides, if anyone knew your party user name before, and happened to add you to their buddy list, then they know it now also.

he was talking about 2+2 user names.. but even if he was talking about party names, why say bite me?

astroglide
07-13-2004, 02:29 PM
i think you guys are really overestimating the amount of hostility communicated with a phrase like "bite me"

TheGrifter
07-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Halts Maul.

fsuplayer
07-13-2004, 02:46 PM
This is hilarious.

fsuplayer

deacsoft
07-13-2004, 03:19 PM
Eventhough this has been proven to not be the meaning of this post... do you guys think it is wise to change user names on poker sites that allow it due to poker tracker notes? I haven't done so yet but I am considering it.

deacsoft
07-13-2004, 03:21 PM
A classic case of "When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong". /images/graemlins/smile.gif

scotnt73
07-13-2004, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A classic case of "When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong". /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wu tang mother******!

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-13-2004, 03:45 PM
Wow. make the money in the WSOP and look what happens. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

In my case, all I did was separate the words. I was getting sick of being called "Kurson."

astroglide
07-13-2004, 03:52 PM
yes, i think it would be foolish to NOT change names as reasonably often as the site permits.

turnipmonster
07-13-2004, 04:37 PM
I have a real genius question. how do you change your username on party? I can't find an option to do that on any of the menus.

--turnipmonster

Sully
07-13-2004, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

besides, if anyone knew your party user name before, and happened to add you to their buddy list, then they know it now also.

he was talking about 2+2 user names.. but even if he was talking about party names, why say bite me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this really true on Party? If I change my name, people will immediately know the new name? Seems to defeat the purpose of the name change.

I have purposely kept my actual name from ever appearing on this board. It's a game of gathering information, and the less knowledge you can give other people, the better. I see 2+2 people all the time on Party, and I typically steer clear of tham, as I know that they are likely to be a much better than average player. When they happen to sit at my table, they get very little action from me, but I still feel like I have the upper hand, as they have no clue who I am or how I play.

At the 15/30 level, I rarely sit at a table without knowing good statistics on 3 or more players. I'd prefer that they don't have the same information on me. I'll continue to change my name every six months, and would change it every week if I could. I'm not interested in making any new "buddies".

DcifrThs
07-13-2004, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
whoa big fella

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, tylerdurden and i are friends...im messing around with him.

-Barron

DcifrThs
07-13-2004, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

again...i'm screwing around with TylerDurden...he's a buddy of mine from a regular game around here and knew he wouldn't take it seriously...i forgot the rest of you guys would lol

oh well, live and learn

-Barron

AJo Go All In
07-13-2004, 04:46 PM
i have a real genius answer. go to my account on the website, but you can only change it every 6 months.

DcifrThs
07-13-2004, 04:48 PM
relax guys.

-Barron

Tyler Durden
07-13-2004, 04:59 PM
Barron, you're a moron. Like Astro said, I was referring to 2+2 user names.

Tyler Durden
07-13-2004, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I wouldn't say we're friends. We just know each other. lol.

astroglide
07-13-2004, 05:09 PM
even if you were in the past, you've certainly eliminated all doubt with that dick statement

Tyler Durden
07-13-2004, 05:18 PM
Astro that was a joke and Barron knows that...you need to chill the F out.

nolanfan34
07-13-2004, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Astro that was a joke and Barron knows that...you need to chill the F out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even I got that bit of humor, and I have a veerrrrrryyyy low SAT score.

I don't like people changing their 2 + 2 name either. Although that's not as annoying as how easy it apparently is to create multiple accounts, as evidenced by the rapidly deteriorating Zoo lately.

astroglide
07-13-2004, 05:48 PM
i don't need to do anything, and i was never upset by it. furthermore, you should be able to understand that interpreting the statement as i did (which others could easily do) might warrant such an observation.

Alobar
07-13-2004, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have a real genius answer. go to my account on the website, but you can only change it every 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this could quite possibly be the single most +EV post I have ever read on here. Now to go ponder what my new nick should be! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nolanfan34
07-13-2004, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this could quite possibly be the single most +EV post I have ever read on here. Now to go ponder what my new nick should be! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Choose wisely. Don't pick something dumb like I did, which I'm stuck with until October.

Alobar
07-13-2004, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Choose wisely. Don't pick something dumb like I did, which I'm stuck with until October.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did you pick? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

nolanfan34
07-13-2004, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What did you pick? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not something as cool as Nolanfan34. Unfortunately.

Brian
07-14-2004, 12:00 AM
Has MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM always been MMMMMMMMMMMMM?

-Brian

DcifrThs
07-14-2004, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Barron, you're a moron. Like Astro said, I was referring to 2+2 user names.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed....clearly didn't realize that though /images/graemlins/confused.gif

hope im a little more attentive in vegas...

PS - hope you guys had a fantastic time!! take care.
-Barron

DcifrThs
07-14-2004, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I wouldn't say we're friends. We just know each other. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

touche...dickhead...

-Barron

PS- was that QJ post all you had from your vegas adventure?? or did you just end up getting called down a lot w/ ace high /images/graemlins/wink.gif

deacsoft
07-14-2004, 02:09 AM
Damn! I tried to change my party name to "fisticuffs" but someone is already using it.

MicroBob
07-14-2004, 02:11 AM
i really like the phrase 'bite me' and think we should all be using it more often.

in spite of the fact that you will still be tracked in buddy-lists i don't think this really lessens the effect of changing the name too much.
many people only use the buddy-list to keep track of their favorite fishies and not their friends.

there are a few semi-fish who noticed i was following them, i think i could gain a little by sitting in with them a bit more incognito.

are you allowed to change your name on the other major sites too?? UB, paradise, or stars?? how does one go about doing this if it is even possible at all?

i may just change my name on all of these sites to biteme.

MicroBob
07-14-2004, 02:13 AM
i wasnt aware that eldorado or elguapo or whatever it is was ulysses.

Justin A
07-14-2004, 02:32 AM
If you really want to get fancy you can open a completely different account. However, you have to change the email on your first account to something else, so that when you sign up again they don't give you a duplicate email message and tell you that you can't have more than one account. If you have more than one email address, then you can keep two accounts at once to really throw off your adversaries.

Justin A

Tyler Durden
07-14-2004, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Damn! I tried to change my party name to "fisticuffs" but someone is already using it.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Jokes and jokes and jokes and spaghetti spaghetti spaghetti"

deacsoft
07-14-2004, 02:53 AM
What? Turn it up! Turn that shits up!

ZeeJustin
07-14-2004, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, i think it would be foolish to NOT change names as reasonably often as the site permits.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Many good players are under the false impression that I am good, and avoid me as a result. The fish have no clue who I am, and I still get plenty of action from them. Isn't this the best of both worlds?

If you want to argue that good players might start taking stabs at me, I welcome it. I play on Party, and have had much success playing without a fold button.

There are also advantages to having a tight aggressive image such as an increased chance of taking a free card (just one example).

DcifrThs
07-14-2004, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c'mon micro bob,... when i first saw that i looked at the # of posts and said "oh, ok...cool name."

who else on this crazy site has SIX THOUSAND POSTS???

nobody...except Ulysses and "el diablo" which i'm told is spanish for "the diablo"

-Barron

nolanfan34
07-14-2004, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the only correct response to this, is....

Ole!

Zele
07-14-2004, 04:51 PM
No, MMMMMMMMMMMMM was previously known as MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.