PDA

View Full Version : CR'ed on Monotone Flop

grinin
07-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Had about 5-6 orbits so far against villian (Under 20 VPIP, did not get out of line). With the caller I couldn't justify taking one off, without I probably would have called turn and check raised River. Too weak?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB <font color="purple">(villain)</font> calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
villain checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets, villain raises, UTG folds, MP calls, Hero folds.

Turn: (6.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
villain bets, MP calls.

River: (8.70 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
villain bets, MP folds.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

Guido
07-13-2004, 03:47 PM
I don't think a fold is wrong against this opponent but a lot of the times I would call. Curious what the rest would do.

Guido

Zele
07-13-2004, 04:29 PM
I would also fold here. Even if your hand is good now, it's not going to be 1/3 of the time by the river. The situation might change if the villain was to your right and you could isolate on the turn if a spade didn't some, but even then I think I'd fold.

spydog
07-13-2004, 04:40 PM
A strong player (like Villian) might check raise here with 2 overcards (especially with 1 spade) to try to get heads up with you. MP is likely holding 1 spade and will go to the grave with it. I would call the raise and raise the turn if no spade hits. I'm gone if a spade hits on the turn or river.

2000Flushes
07-14-2004, 05:04 AM
maybe I'm a little conservative , but without the T /images/graemlins/spade.gif I fold this to a check-raise