PDA

View Full Version : How to play the QQ

ChromePony
07-13-2004, 01:21 PM
I'm always a little confused about how to play TT, JJ, QQ. What do you think of this one?
I don't like being a caller on the turn and river, should I be more decisive here?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

Blindfolk
07-13-2004, 01:26 PM
3bet on the flop. Why do you become passive all of a sudden. His raise does not show that he's beating your overpair.

Sent
07-13-2004, 01:28 PM
I might've 3-bet the flop, hope he doesnt have an overpair or JJ

-Sent

Peter Harris
07-13-2004, 01:28 PM
3 bet the flop, raise the turn, and if you still want to be wimpy, call the river.

I would raise the river. If at any point SB played heavy back at me, i'd give more credit, but they could be playing AJ, KJ, QJ, JT, hell, even sevens strong given your passivity.

You gotta take the lead with these hands.

Regards,
Pete Harris

Jaran
07-13-2004, 01:30 PM
Hey Chromepony,
I would 3bet the flop. You are ahead a great majority of the time. If SB caps, then I think you can call it down. If SB calls, lead the turn.

-Jaran

chief444
07-13-2004, 01:42 PM
If SB is a decent player at all the check/raise looks to me like he is trying to protect his hand. It's probably not a flush draw and could be anything from middle pair to two pair. I'd probably 3-bet the flop but may wait until the turn to raise if a blank falls. The only way I like your play here is if you know SB is usually very passive.

AsusFull
07-13-2004, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably 3-bet the flop but may wait until the river to raise if a blank falls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is probably what he meant to say?
Why would you wait to the river though?