PDA

View Full Version : Min raise with huge blinds, not so bad?

RoyalSampler
07-13-2004, 01:07 PM
With blinds of 200 and a stack 1500 on up, I would like to know what you guys think of the min raise preflop. It seems to fold all hands, including the BB at least 2/3, possibly 3/4, of the time. Even from as far out as UTG, but this I want a stronger hand for. This is for $10 tables, are the higher tables similar? A 2*BB raise, i.e. a bet of 600, is pot committing, so it seems to me that at a certain point it becomes, call (not often), min raise or all in.

I have no doubt in my mind that min raise serves a purpose at times, last night I was heads up and found that my opponent would fold to ANY min raise with 100% certainly on a heavy drawing flop, I.e. paired flop, suited flop, if he had nothing. So I min bet every time, risking 800 (at that time) for 1600 pots. Yes "every" is a bad word, and I was just waiting for him to pick up... but HE DIDN'T! So why stop? Any chips more than the min bet were only called when I was beat. So min bet can be useful, is it correct in the previous scenario? Maybe mixing between all-in and min raise, with care to avoid telegraphing hand.

Thanks