PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!!!!!!!

TJD
07-13-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi all, please help!

I have spent the last hour or so looking at my first 8000 hands at PP $3/$6 with PT data.

Early days I know but I found one stat that has just blown me away. Is this likely to be normal or is it just a result of too few hands?

Average win is 3BB/100. If I look at the ASF% (average saw flop), I get better results when the tables average above 35% which is not suprising but I do better when it is less than 30% rather than when it is 30%-35% (19c per hand rather than 11c) but that is only on 2500 hands or so each so I do not take that too seriously. Figures here then OK (ish). I am not too suprised by the results.

BUT!!!

When I looked at my win rate when compared to average pot size I got 8BB+ as the best results; again I am not suprised. A blip in 7-8 where I went back to average (17c/hand) but better @ 6-7BB (36c) for some reason. (There are 3 times as many hands between 6 and 7 than between 7 and 8 so this could easily be a blip)

However if the average pot size was < 6BB I won $0. ZILCH - NADA - Sweet FA and that is on 47% of all my hands. Ouch!! - not a profitable use of my time there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am new to this game (only a year and a bit). I was shocked by this. Anyone else suprised or did you all know? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any theories to suggest reasons?

TYIA

Trevor

stoxtrader
07-13-2004, 11:43 AM
how do you sort your hands by pot size?

I've got a 100k database, would be happy to look at it, but don't know how to apply that filter you are talking about.

TJD
07-13-2004, 12:54 PM
It isn't in PT. I just copied data from the access db that PT uses and used excel to unravel it.

Took a while but it worked.

Trevor

sthief09
07-13-2004, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It isn't in PT. I just copied data from the access db that PT uses and used excel to unravel it.

Took a while but it worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

PT uses an access database? how can you export into Access? I'd love to be able to play with it in Access.

tech
07-13-2004, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like extra work. Why not just export the data from PT directly to Excel?

TJD
07-13-2004, 02:07 PM
I did "take it" from Acc to Excel by cut and paste, not via another access db.

The solution was a "quick and dirty" one. If I feel, I will use it long term then I will set up the Excel to "read" the db by refreshing itself so I end up with a report that is always available. There appears to be a bit of reformatting of the access db needed since it's data does not all come over as numbers to excel.

HOWEVER..... terchnical queries aside /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Has anyone got a clue what my numbers are telling me and do they relate to your experience?

All help appreciated

Trevor

TJD
07-13-2004, 02:11 PM
I think if you read the PT help they say the data is in unprotected format. Play with it at your peril; do not go to them for help if it goes pear shaped (or words to that effect)

Good luck.

Trevor

PS - do my numbers have any significance? Do they ring a bell with you?

tech
07-13-2004, 02:13 PM
Well, what I meant was that within PT, I use the export function to export my data directly to an Excel spreadsheet without having to use Access at all.

As for the analysis, yeah, a while back I generated a correlation matrix with my win rate, pot size, and ASF. ASF and pot size were fairly highly correlated (as you would expect), but the correlations with my win rate were not significant. Did some scatterplots too, just in case the correlations missed some real patterns. There was nothing worth noting. My guess is that your observations are spurious results over a small amount of data.

TJD
07-13-2004, 02:43 PM
Hi,

The only 2 export routines I can find are export HH to a text file and export player notes to the sites. Neither of those appear to create an Excel spreadsheet.

Have I missed it?

T

tech
07-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Anywhere in PT that you see the little button with the blue "p" on it, click it. On the window that pops up, there is a button labeled "Export." Kinda hard to find, but extremely useful.