PDA

View Full Version : Some Paradise PokerTracker Stats

Festus22
07-13-2004, 06:39 AM
From 10K hands played at Paradise 0.5/1 and 1/2 (about 7K of the 10K are 0.5/1).

The game:
0.5/1
% seeing flop = 41.9
Average Pot = $7.00

1/2
% seeing flop = 37.0
Average Pot = $12.84

My Stats
VP$IP = 14.28%
Vol Put $ from SB = 22.80%
Att to Steal Blinds = 14.40%
Won $ When Saw Flop = 25.57%
BB/100 = +3.78
Standard Deviation/100 = 14.16 BB
Went to SD % = 27.97%
Won $ at Showdown = 60.67%
PF Raise = 5.67

Aggression Factor
PF = 0.54
Flop = 2.00
Turn = 2.38
River = 1.89
Overall = 1.18

Checkraise % = 0.80 of possible actions (39 times total)

Seems I'm a little light on the PF raise side and completing from the SB. Anything else jump out?

Rico Suave
07-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Festus:

Nothing looks wrong here, Festus, and I do not have PT available now, but a couple of things are interesting.

[ QUOTE ]
VP$IP = 14.28%

[/ QUOTE ]
Some of the tightest numbers I have seen for that limit..especially the sb completion. Again, nothing wrong here, just something that I noticed.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That seems a bit low, and would usually indicate that I am not running so well. Apparently, that is not the case here.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this number...as high as I have seen posted. I have been trying to bump my number up. It is moving in the right direction, but I am only at about 56.5 -57% range. I do not know what the ideal range is...most seem to be in the 50-55% range, but I know that i still make too many river calls when I know I am beaten.

Like you said, preflop raise is bit low, but I do not think it is that bad.

[ QUOTE ]
BB/100 = +3.78

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that is the stat that really matters.

--Rico

chief444
07-13-2004, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing looks wrong here, Festus, and I do not have PT available now, but a couple of things are interesting.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VP$IP = 14.28%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the tightest numbers I have seen for that limit..especially the sb completion. Again, nothing wrong here, just something that I noticed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Festus, you are a rock. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

That seems a bit low, and would usually indicate that I am not running so well. Apparently, that is not the case here.

Quote:

I like this number...as high as I have seen posted. I have been trying to bump my number up. It is moving in the right direction, but I am only at about 56.5 -57% range. I do not know what the ideal range is...most seem to be in the 50-55% range, but I know that i still make too many river calls when I know I am beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]
The 25.57% doesn't seem too low to me (although for as tight as you play Festus I think it should be a bit higher) but the 60.67% does seem a little high. I can't remember what my win % if flop seen # is but I now my won $ at showdown is around 55%. I suspect that you may be occasionally folding the best hand. If you call down just a little more often you may find that the first number increases slightly and the won $ at showdown drops slightly. Most importantly it may result in a slightly improved win rate. Just a thought, although overall nothing really jumps out and even these numbers discussed don't really seem too out of line.

Lost Wages
07-13-2004, 09:46 AM

Hey Festus, remember when this number was like 80% /images/graemlins/smile.gif? How do you feel about your game now vs. then?

I think that you are still playing a smidge too tighly both preflop and postflop. Take some of noted poker authority Ed Miller's advice to heart.

Look for a few more spots to raise preflop. At these limits your preflop raises are more often for value rather that limiting the field. Raise with medium or better suited connectors on the button after several limpers for example.

BB/100 = +3.78

Nice. Why are you playing at Paradise and why aren't you moving up?

Lost Wages

Festus22
07-13-2004, 01:06 PM
Thanks for replying.

Yes, I remember when I pretty much only showed down the nuts. I still think I am much more inclined not to take mediocore hands to the river but maybe my definition of mediocore has relaxed somewhat /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Overall, I agree with your assessment - too darn tight. It's just my natural tendency and something I am constantly battling with. I'm anxiously awaiting NPA Ed's book on this (as well as a variety of other subjects of course).

As for playing at Paradise, I just needed a break from Party. A streak of endless suckouts and bad cards mandated a change of scenery. I know my mindset was not productive so I went to play in some tighter games to regain some balance (weird?). And just when I was going to go back to Party, Paradise dangled the $200 bonus so that added an extra 3K hands to clear. At the moment, I'm back to Party 0.5/1, 1/2 and 2/4 at a ratio of probably 40/40/20.

Interesting that in exactly 1 week, I will have officially played online for money for 1 year (an exciting looking back post is forthcoming /images/graemlins/tongue.gif). My year 2 resolution is to become a consistent player and winner starting at $2/4.

Sent
07-13-2004, 01:25 PM
At least you are doing better at Paradise .50/1.00 than I am. At .05/.10 I am crushing it as always up over 100 BB in a few days lol. I drop down when the .50/1.00 action isnt there.

-Sent