PDA

View Full Version : heads up play - coming over the top

Jsb
07-13-2004, 03:34 AM
The general question i'm wondering about is, when it is down to two or three, what hands will you come over the top of a raise with? in particular a minraise, because at this point in the game at the 10+1's i see those alot.
This hand i felt like i was justified in reraising all in the SB's minraise, and i didn't hesitate to do so. i still think it was the right move, and i'm not being results oriented or anything like that, just curious as to whether or not in general this is the right play, and what kind of hands people make this play with.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed)

SB (t3210)
Hero (t2775)
Button (t2015)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises to t400</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t2775 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t2375.

Flop: (t5550) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t5550) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t5550) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t5550
<font color="green">Main Pot: t5550 (t5550), between SB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (t5550).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Kc 7c (flush, ace high).
Hero shows 7h Ah (one pair, aces).
Outcome: SB wins t5550. </font>

Jurollo
07-13-2004, 03:39 AM
if sb goes 2x BB i usually read it as a bluff, and would have def pushed the A7 here too. I mean tip your hat to him he outdrew you, not much you can do, I would have played it the same way. Unfortunately the PP structure advocates lots of huge coin flips late in tournies and when they aren't hitting there just isnt much you can do.