PDA

View Full Version : Pushing a small edge or getting LAGGY

bicyclekick
07-13-2004, 02:16 AM
BB is a LAG. He's capped 88 and AQo. He will call down. My note on him for other referance is
(225 hands) Loose/VeryAggressive
SF: 36/ VP: 34/ PFR: 11 WSD: 39/ WonSD: 34

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB raises, UTG folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

3 bet the flop instead of stop and go?

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB calls.

River: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

ike
07-13-2004, 03:09 AM
There's no doubt I'm LAGGY but if you're gonna play the hand, play the hand. I don't see the point in the stop+go if you plan to fire regardless of the next card. 3bet the flop. Why does the 7 on the river scare you? Bet, at this point he has to be calling more hands than he's betting (basically A high is calling, I don't think he's ever bluffing) and will never check through a winner.

1800GAMBLER
07-13-2004, 10:21 AM
The river decision would have been really interesting had you just checkcalled the turn.

3 bet flop. Bet the river.

MrGo
07-13-2004, 10:38 AM
What is a LAG when referencing a player?

bicyclekick
07-13-2004, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagnie you're mocking me, but LAG is loose aggressive.

Zele
07-13-2004, 12:30 PM
I'm not sure I would have played the hand to begin with, but you clearly should 3-bet the flop and keep pushing until a credible raise convinces you to call down. Definitely bet that river.

MrGo
07-13-2004, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagnie you're mocking me, but LAG is loose aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I wasn't at all.

Thanks for the clarification.

Zele
07-13-2004, 04:41 PM
That does beg the question of what the "G" stands for. I took a few-month hiatus from 2+2 a while back. Before I left it was LA (self-exp) or LAP (LA Player), while after I returned everyone was LAG.

I assume it's for "Gambler", but what's wrong with the other two? I suppose LA is already a popular poker city, but why not LAP? Too silly sounding?

bicyclekick
07-13-2004, 05:53 PM
the g is just part of aGressive. I think it just sounds better calling somebody a lag, espcially by voice...it just sounds better than calling somebody a LA or a LAP. That just sounds retarded. LAG as in the lag you get when you're playing an online game and your connection sucks just rings right.

Zele
07-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Ahhh... makes much more sense now.
Thanks.

ike
07-14-2004, 09:21 AM
Its 15/30. You're blind for 10. Completing here isn't close, in fact completing blind is correct here.