PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanna take a stab at this?

bones
07-13-2004, 01:19 AM
Having trouble figuring this out. If anyone has any ideas on why there's such a huge differential, please let me know.

Last 16 20+2 SnGs (single table)

1st- 0
2nd- 3
3rd- 1
4th- 2
5th-10th- 10

Last 6 3 table SnGs

3rd- 1
4th- 3
5th- 1
21st- 1

Obviously these are very small sample sizes, but lately I've been getting absolutely crushed in SnGs after being somewhat successful in them for awhile. I'm pretty sure my ITM in 3 table SnGs is over 70%, but I only started keeping track recently.

Is there any possible explaination why I'm playing so terribly in single tables and playing much better in 3 tables?

AtlBrvs4Life
07-13-2004, 01:23 AM
Maybe you don't play as good shorthanded? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

AleoMagus
07-13-2004, 01:34 AM
Maybe it is because those sample sizes are completely meaningless.

You will need a lot more sngs to draw any meaningful conclusions about your calibre of play in one event compared to another. Your stat of 70% ITM in three table events for example is completely unsustainable

Play a hundred more of each before you start to worry too much. Even then you will not have a huge sample.

Regards
Brad S

bones
07-13-2004, 01:57 AM
I'm awful short-handed. But the structure of the 3 table is such that doesnt go below 5 handed until the final table, with most hands falling around 8 or 9 handed.

And it's not the stats and ROI that I'm worried about. My SnG play has been dreadful, but I've been playing really well on 3 tables. My decision making is better, I'm more reluctant to go into a pot as a dog...maybe this belongs on the psych thread.

Was just curious if anyone had any thoughts on structure or whatever that could be making the difference.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Jsb
07-13-2004, 03:00 AM
didn't you just answer your own question? you need to improve your shorthanded play, and perhaps you do well in the three tables because the structure doesn't introduce shorthanded play till the very end. i'm not sure what else you're asking. post some hands and/or particular situations that you have trouble with and people will be happy to help, i'm sure

Jurollo
07-13-2004, 03:12 AM
haha, he analyzed his own situation better than anyone here can with the scant amount of details he gave. Just practice shorthanded situations. Get a friend or co-worker (off hours) to sit down and play heads up for a while or get 3-4 people to play with you. That way you arent losing real money while learning. Plus as Aleo was correct in saying this sample size is meaningless, take even the best players and they will have streaks comparable to this.