PDA

View Full Version : JJ on the bubble

AtlBrvs4Life
07-13-2004, 01:10 AM
I am in the middle of a bad streak of SNGs. Down 10xbuy-in. Bad beats, suck outs, and people calling my steals with hands like 24s for no apparent reason and winning. I have so many 4th place finishes, it is painful. Anyways, does anybody lay down JJ here? UTG had been raising a lot and I had already doubled up with KK against him once.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed)

UTG (t2705)
AtlBrvs4Life (t1500)
SB (t2365)
BB (t1430)

Preflop: AtlBrvs4Life is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG raises to t600, AtlBrvs4Life raises to t1500 (All-In), SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls t900.

Flop: (t3450) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t3450) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t3450) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3450
<font color="green">Main Pot: t3450 (t3450), between UTG and AtlBrvs4Life.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (t3450).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Ac As (one pair, aces).
AtlBrvs4Life shows Jh Jd (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: UTG wins t3450. </font>

Mr. D
07-13-2004, 01:57 AM
Being that you are essientially the short stack here, I don't see how you can give up those jacks. Maybe if there was a short stack about to get blinded out . . but thats just not the case.

I do feel your pain though.. I just took 4th after flopping top 2 pair on a free play in the big blind and getting drawn out on by the chip leader with his 2 overcard, open-ended straight draw after I put him all-in on the flop. I'm questioning my play that was a 2:1 (per twodimes.net anaylsis) favorite because there was a short stack with ~3 BBs left. I wonder if I should have waited it out . . If you're the short stack though, you gotta take risks and JJ heads up is still even money against the top 5% of hands, 1.6:1 against top 10% and even better as the number of hands your opponent may have increases further. Odds vs. Top % hands courtesy of:

http://home.earthlink.net/~craighowald/data/matchup2.html

stupidsucker
07-13-2004, 02:03 AM
nah, you did the right thing, just a bad streak. 10 buy ins really isnt anything in the long run. Yesterday I had a bad run too. Not a losing streak, but an even streak after about 30 SnGs. Today I only played 11 and managed to make 15 buy ins.

If you start questioning your play too much you will make a mistake I made a few months ago and become too passive/weak/tight and go on an even worse run.