PDA

View Full Version : AK vs. aggressive player who plays anything

serling
07-12-2004, 11:53 PM
I massacred this hand. Button was a notorious raiser with nothing, bettor with nothing, and would call down with A high. He played most hands even if he had to cold-call a raise.

I know I should've 3bet him preflop (my failed thinking was that I'd see the flop and catch him that way). But does anyone 3bet the turn?

And, did I risk too much by not betting the river when he could very well have reraised me to enable a 3bet?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>,

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between Button and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (12.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kh Ad (straight, ace high).
Button shows 9s 7c (straight, queen high).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.50 BB. </font>

stripsqueez
07-13-2004, 04:23 AM
the post flop is kind of interesting but i just cant get past the pre-flop

when some loon is constantly raising pre-flop sit on him until you get a big truck of a hand and then run right over the top of him - works for me - calling pre-flop with this hand is an outrage

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

naphand
07-13-2004, 07:20 AM
You have to bash him PF.

I think, with 19 outs and quite possibly the lead, not 3-betting the Turn is close to an "outrage" also.

Zele
07-13-2004, 08:51 AM
You have to, have to, have to 3-bet p/f. Raising on the river is correct, no question (there's a slim chance you're beat, but if you are just choke down the 3-bet and move on, confident in the knowledge that you were extracting full value.)

Rest of the hand looks fine to me.

InfiniteToobs
07-13-2004, 10:49 AM
It seems to me that if he was playing any two cards all the way down to the river, in fact raising with nothing or with a draw, then instead of check-raising the river when you made your straight you should have bet right out, enabling him to raise and then you 3-bet it, as you said. Granted, hindsight is always 20/20, but judging by the way he played the rest of the hand, he may have even re-raised since he had a straight, albeit the sucker straight. So in my opinion, you cost yourself at least one bet if not two. Also, I agree with 3-betting the turn with 19 outs including the nut-flush and nut-straight draws.