PDA

View Full Version : TP good kicker on the flop against preflop raiser

Greg J
07-12-2004, 11:48 PM
Loose passive table. SB is a player i respect -- tight and generally aggressive. Comment on all streets appreciated, starting with preflop.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

If this is offsuit I'm throwing it away. Still iffy?

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (12 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14 BB, between SB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (14 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Now what did bison just tell us about this?

naughty naughty!! </font>

bisonbison
07-13-2004, 01:10 AM
folding preflop would be actively bad.

Looks fine.

Delete the info in the pot summary line after &gt;

Clarkmeister
07-13-2004, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
folding preflop would be actively bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny.

Hero should raise preflop here with 2 limpers to him. I agree that he played the rest of the hand fine.

Matty
07-13-2004, 01:24 AM
Hey Greg J- I'll give you 20-1 odds that I know who won the pot. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe Tall
07-13-2004, 07:22 AM
After limpers in late position you should raise most suited broadway connectors/gappers, don't even consider folding it.

After that you played it fine.

Peace,
Joe Tall

RED_RAIN
07-13-2004, 10:01 AM
Can you explain the preflop raise reasoning? This is something that isn't part of my game at this point. Joe Tall goes on to say any suited broadway connectors in late position so this goes all the way down to QJs and QTs? Is it because we have limpers coming in starting with MP1 and would not raise here if one of them were UTG or UTG+1?

Joe Tall
07-13-2004, 03:29 PM
Strangely enough, I got into the reason with a new poster in the mid-high forum, today:
Same hand, same game, just more money involved. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=826551&amp;Main=817166#Post82 6551)

Read DcifrThs replies also, ignore the rest.

Peace,
Joe Tall

charlie_t_jr
07-13-2004, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After limpers in late position you should raise most suited broadway connectors/gappers, don't even consider folding it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He had 2 limpers in MP...2 limpers enough to raise for value, and possibly shutting out the rest of table?

Joe Tall
07-13-2004, 04:15 PM
and possibly shutting out the rest of table?

Gaining position and knocking out the blinds is tremendous.

Peace,
Joe Tall

charlie_t_jr
07-13-2004, 04:28 PM
I hate to beat this to death, but with KTs, should this be a raising hand for me, under most game conditions, after any number of limpers?

Seems like a newbie question, but KTs has been a limper for me...a recent thread like this regarding limping w/small pocket pairs in EP, changed my thinking....I guess I should be rethinking KTs?