PDA

View Full Version : Poker Rooms near Irvine?

12AX7
07-12-2004, 10:50 PM
Carrer might take me to Irvine CA. Seems LA is about 50-60 miles off. Any poker rooms closer to Irvine than that? What are SoCal rakes like?

csuf_gambler
07-13-2004, 05:49 AM
i live in irvine. theres non closer then the poker rooms in LA. LA is only about 40 miles away.

skunkworks
07-13-2004, 06:06 AM
I live in Irvine. Closest place is Hawaiian Gardens... 405N to the 605N, exit Carson. It takes around 20 minutes no traffic. I believe the next closest card room is the wonderful Commerce itself, although I've never been.

At Hawaiian Gardens, I believe the 2-4 has a drop of $2.50 with a .50 cent jackpot drop (total $3.00). 3-6 is somewhere around uh... $3.50? Not exactly sure about that one. Rake is high, but loose-passive players are plentiful enough to turn a big profit.

Rick Nebiolo
07-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Depending on the time of day you might also want to try Ocean's 11 in Oceanside (off the freeway on Mission Ave - take a left then the club is behind a gas station just on the east side of the freeway). Check your map, you might find it is only a few miles farther than HG and the traffic might be smoother.

~ Rick

PS I'd love to see you try the Bike (where I work) but it would be about 13 miles past Hawaiian Gardens. Commerce would be about 11 miles past Hawaiian Gardens.

12AX7
07-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Hi Rick, changes are you'd get a good laugh out of my game! So wkat's the famous Bike club like. When you say you work there, are you an employee or a pro poker player?

Rick Nebiolo
07-13-2004, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Rick, changes are you'd get a good laugh out of my game! So wkat's the famous Bike club like. When you say you work there, are you an employee or a pro poker player?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never laugh at anyones game, at least publicly. I am employed at the Bike and have various roles, among them hosting no limit games and propping the green and yellow chip games. I also do some writing and analysis.

I'm not sure you can call me a "pro" since I have a job /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Bike is worth the trip. I believe it is the second largest club overall and probably the nicest in terms of comfort and layout. You will find all the action you need.

Regards,

Rick