PDA

View Full Version : 30-60 Hand, Someone elses mistake cost me a big pot(I think!)

Jacob
07-12-2004, 08:58 PM
30-60, 10 handed. I am UTG. See AdAh. Raise. MP calls, CO+1 calls, CO calls, blinds call.

Not a good sign. Too many people.

Flop Jc7c2h. I think its a pretty safe flop. I bet. CO+1 raises(???).Flush draw maybe. AJ maybe(he would raise on both those hands). CO calls.(I am not sure what he has. Maybe set of 7s).

Turn 3c. I check. CO+1 bets, CO calls. I still put CO+1 on a draw(just by experience playing with him). Coudnt put CO on a hand. If he had a set I think he would have raised.

River 3h. I check. CO+1 checks(????, missed flush), CO bets. How did the 3 help him??. I coudnt put him on a hand. There was $760 in the put. I decided to call. CO+1 disappointingly says You are calling. Thinks about it and mucks his hand.

CO shows 22 for a full house and drags the pot.

I was a little upset and asked CO+1 what did he have. Wtf... Why didnt you 3 bet. There is no way CO would have called $90 with a pair of 2s.

What did CO+1 have and is my frustration justified?

Thanks,
Jacob

DcifrThs
07-12-2004, 09:20 PM
too many people with aces is not a bad thing...getting more money in with a big overlay...i say SWEEEEEEEEET /images/graemlins/smile.gif

on the flop you bet, did what you could.

what about the turn? why check? this is a perfect example of the kind of protected pot you can get out of with a hand that has no chance to improve, could already be behind, and could fold to a raise yet bet to protect if still slightly ahead (or more ahead vs. a flush draw).

given your turn play you must call the river getting around 12:1.

you're frustrated? why? just b/c some guy plays bad? or plays good? who knows...either way its poker...and if you let things like that eat you up or frustrate you then poker may not be the best game for that disposition. i say take his money the old fashioned way...wait 'em out /images/graemlins/wink.gif ... you'll get it eventually.

best of luck,
-Barron

cosmo kramer
07-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Worrying about how other people misplayed a hand that cost you a pot is pointless. As for the hand, you have an easy flop 3-bet. The guy happened to have a set, but I'd put the raiser on top pair and a cold-caller on a draw.

You should be more aggressive with your monsters, make the draws pay.

DcifrThs
07-12-2004, 09:26 PM
i just reread the action and it sounds like he reraised and the guys called...but then its the same for the turn so he might have just called the flop...

in either case i thought he went all out on the flop and put in the last raise.

why worry? be happy /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-Barron

Nightwish
07-12-2004, 09:30 PM
I don't like how you played this. I would 3-bet the flop every time here. Also bet the turn. If raised again, you can consider folding based upon what you know about the other player. Otherwise, I'm not willing to give these guys the kind of monsters that you seem to be putting them on.

Also, you need to get away from the notion that other people need to play their hands well in order for you to win. You want them to play poorly. If they play their hands well, that's money out of your pocket.

Gabe
07-12-2004, 10:10 PM
One must be rather well-heeled to start playing poker at the 30-60 limit.

GuyOnTilt
07-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Hey Jacob,

You shouldn't be playing 30/60.

GoT

Jacob
07-12-2004, 11:00 PM
Agreed. I would rather have others play badly and in the long run I would come out ahead.

It was just frustrating - CO+1 had the other 2 Aces and it was tough to see AA and AA get beat by 22. But I guess thats poker.

Thanks all for your comments.

1800GAMBLER
07-12-2004, 11:25 PM
The thought of folding doesn't belong in this hand.

What i like about this hand is how most players here fold 22 in this situation, yet he just made a very nice amount (and overlay for the times he's just short) on his investment and could have made more.

ike
07-13-2004, 12:33 AM
<rant>
Frustration is never justified. Your hand never deserves to win. The idea that someone else's mistake costs you money is an absurd thing to worry about (not that it never does, in some cases its better for you for one of your opponents to make the right play but in general you're happy to have opponents [censored] up and you can't be picky about when it happens).
</rant>

WhipMeBeatMe
07-13-2004, 07:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
30-60, 10 handed. I am UTG. See AdAh. Raise. MP calls, CO+1 calls, CO calls, blinds call.

Not a good sign. Too many people.

Flop Jc7c2h. I think its a pretty safe flop. I bet. CO+1 raises(???).Flush draw maybe. AJ maybe(he would raise on both those hands). CO calls.(I am not sure what he has. Maybe set of 7s).

Turn 3c. I check. CO+1 bets, CO calls. I still put CO+1 on a draw(just by experience playing with him). Coudnt put CO on a hand. If he had a set I think he would have raised.

River 3h. I check. CO+1 checks(????, missed flush), CO bets. How did the 3 help him??. I coudnt put him on a hand. There was $760 in the put. I decided to call. CO+1 disappointingly says You are calling. Thinks about it and mucks his hand.

CO shows 22 for a full house and drags the pot.

I was a little upset and asked CO+1 what did he have. Wtf... Why didnt you 3 bet. There is no way CO would have called $90 with a pair of 2s.

What did CO+1 have and is my frustration justified?

Thanks,
Jacob

[/ QUOTE ]

I already read that the CO+1 had AA so my guess was wrong. Most likely, I put the CO+1 on a flush until his river fold. After his river fold, I put him on AJ or something like TT.

You should have been able to put the CO on a possible full-house from the play of the hand. The other possibility is a nut-flush. That said, I'm calling him down.

Your frustration is understandable but you are looking at it the wrong way. Just hope that the CO+1 always plays AA passively preflop.

SA125
07-13-2004, 09:27 AM
I had AA in a 3 way cap fest helped by a rag board. It became obvious on the turn a set (8's) was cracking AA and AA-KK. It was AA vs dead AA. That's poker.

skp
07-13-2004, 08:26 PM
All 3 of you made countless errors on this hand. Where was this game?

The most bizarre line is CO+1 folding his Aces because you called the river bet. I guess he put you on an overpair higher than Aces and did not want to overcall...heh

kyro
07-14-2004, 07:22 PM
A big pot? You're assuming if the guy with Aces 3bets, the guy with 22 folds preflop. So...you end up splitting the blinds? Not a very large pot if you ask me.

andyfox
07-14-2004, 11:49 PM
"Not a good sign. Too many people."

I'm rarely disappointed when I raise with the best hand in the game and get too many callers.