PDA

View Full Version : Too passive?

Zele
07-12-2004, 08:42 PM
I don't expect debate about the flop, but should I have bet the turn? My plan was to bet the river if checked to. Players are all garden variety loose PP.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls $4.50 (All-In), UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (13.90 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (6.95 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (6.95 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 8.95 BB

Peter_rus
07-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Flop was totally misplayed. After that bad flop i would bet turn/fold if raised/check on river if called on turn.

Chiefs Fan
07-12-2004, 09:18 PM
wrong to 3 bet this PF? why? I would probably play it the same way. Unfortunately this is a terrible flop for JJ, I would probably bet the flop and see what happens. If called I would probably check the turn thinking I need a J to win.

I am a newb, just trying to spark some discussion here, I need to learn.

Peter_rus
07-12-2004, 09:20 PM
It's not wrong to 3-bet PF JJ here. I don't understand - why do you come to conclusion that i would think so.

Chiefs Fan
07-12-2004, 09:42 PM
i'm sorry, you said flop was totally misplayed, i read that as PF, i'm writing an essay for class at the moment, i'm braindead, ignore me.

kwobbs2
07-12-2004, 10:21 PM
The turn was definitely the spot to bet out in my opinion. I feel that if someone was slowplaying the flop, they would have to lead out on the turn with the 7 likely being a blank.

Zele
07-13-2004, 08:40 AM
So you would have bet the flop? My thinking was I didn't fear many free cards, against 3 others I was almost surely beaten, and I would be unlikely to beat a caller. Conditional on having been checked to twice, I would have revised the last two assumptions.

Can you elaborate on your flop opinion?

Peter_rus
07-13-2004, 12:32 PM
I assume - if there is no ace i can push out on turn or on river any K (except very loose K) away by betting. Also - i don't want hands like QT,JT chasing their inside straight for free. Of course - there can be an ace but i don't want to miss opportunities to win when there is NO ace, because then i will be readed as ace holder. Against tight player i even sometimes can raise a flop or turn to push some hands like A9-AJ away.

Actually your winings in texas is not only when you play good your good cards - it's also when you play good your bad cards including forcing better cards to fold. Like PF raising KQo UTG you make better hands like AT-A2 or any pair to fold.

grinin
07-13-2004, 02:06 PM
I have bet the flop as Peter has recommended, but I think that is game dependent. I think the better line is to bet the turn for a variety of reasons:
1. As you have said you do not fear free cards on flop but now there is a flush draw
2. Pot is large. Give opponents a chance to fold since you are going to call a single bet on river anyway.

riverflush
07-13-2004, 04:48 PM
I agree - I would have bet the turn. Flush draw possibilities, force some folding at the turn.