PDA

View Full Version : Too aggressive?

spacemonkey57
07-12-2004, 05:13 PM
This one confused me a little. PF I think the call is OK. Should I have bet the flop instead of checkraising? Anyone not cap the flop here? No good read on the villan. Thanks.

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls,

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.25 BB, between Hero and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (11.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Td Ac (one pair, aces).
CO shows Kh Ad (one pair, aces).
Outcome: CO wins 11.25 BB. </font>

tiltaholic
07-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Hi-
I'd bet out on the flop. But not sure what I'd do after...
As you played, I wouldn't cap the flop unless I knew the villian was a LAG/maniac.

Assuming he might have an ace, since he 3-bet the flop, you are beating A -3,4,7(until the river), 8,&amp;9, which don't seem like PF raising hands. So I'd lean towards assuming I'm behind here and not cap.
-t

k000k
07-12-2004, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This one confused me a little. PF I think the call is OK. Should I have bet the flop instead of checkraising? Anyone not cap the flop here? No good read on the villan. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the checkraise is ok, but the cap isn't.. The 3-bet is yelling for you to relax, your ace isn't THAT big! Betting out would be ok too, if it was raised back to me I'd probably 3-bet it and end up calling the cap.. I'd be in call-down mode after that too (unless I improved)... I'd bet the turn, but if I got MORE resistance, I'd be check-calling (unimproved) til SD.

I think that cap is the only over-aggressive thing you did, the rest looks fine.

citizenkn
07-12-2004, 06:49 PM
The pre-flop call is ok, the flop check-raise is great, but the 3-bet by the CO makes me wet myself. I'll immediately go into call down mode, and pray that he's overplaying a smaller ace or big pair. But once I'm 3-bet on the flop, I'd expect to lose this pot the vast majority of the time.

Tosh
07-12-2004, 08:07 PM
You're nuts!

spacemonkey57
07-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Thanks all. I guess I pushed it too hard since I've been running so good lately. I was half expecting him to have something like T6o.