PDA

View Full Version : Friends asked me to help them learn poker

chim17
07-12-2004, 02:45 PM
Having seen my successful year some of my buddies have been playing online with limited successes and have recently asked me to work with them a few hours a week in an attempt to better their game.

Besides things like hand starting selection does anyone have any input on things I could go over them with? I guess I'm trying to start a lesson plan of sorts but with different people its pretty hard to focus on things everyone can learn from.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dante
07-12-2004, 02:54 PM
work on postflop strategies, create general guidelines of when to call, fold, raise on types of flops, then use specific examples of hands to enforce the lesson.

deacsoft
07-12-2004, 03:15 PM
You could almost use TOP and HPFAP as textbooks. Pick out a chapter or two each time you meet and walk them through it. You could even start with HP if they are fairly green yet.

Schneids
07-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Watch them while they play. While watching, frequently ask them what questions they are asking themselves while a hand is unfolding. Help them with this, since getting a grip on the right thought process is huge in taking a step to the next level -- not memorizing odds to 3 decimals.

csuf_gambler
07-12-2004, 05:32 PM
you should charge them for your hours