PDA

View Full Version : AKs, should I cap this PF?

Chiefs Fan
07-12-2004, 01:00 PM
I definitely wanted to play this hand, so should I cap PF to try and get the BB to fold? I almost did and of course after the hand I wish I would have. Also, not sure if I should have folded after the turn or not.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16.50 BB, between Button, Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (16.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kd Ad (one pair, kings).
BB shows Jh 9h (flush, king high).
Button shows Kc 7c (two pair, kings and sevens).
Outcome: BB wins 16.50 BB. </font>

Zele
07-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Yes.

MisterKing
07-12-2004, 01:26 PM
I would consider capping it PF, though if one or more of the raisers are known rocks I suppose you'd have to consider cold calling or, in extreme cases, even folding (e.g. if PokerTracker shows the guy PF raising 2% or something over many hands).

Once I'm raised on the turn, I immediately go into check/fold mode -- due to the dual threat of the set and the flush.

DaveB
07-12-2004, 01:26 PM
You cap this not necessarily to get the BB to fold (which I doubt he would have) but because you have a great hand and want as much money in the pot as you can get.