PDA

View Full Version : Phil Hellmuth

05-28-2002, 12:09 AM
I was playing $8-$16 at the Bellagio today (I had ACes cracked by 75off, but that's a different story for a different day). I saw Phil Hellmuth today playing in the $10,000 Event, and I have to say, he seemed in good spirits with his newly bald head. He was wearing his "Ultimate Bet" cap, but whenever someone asked him about his head, he always showed them with a smile. So, I guess Phil Hellmuth can't be all bad...:)

Just some FYI stuff...

BTW, the first prize for the $10,000 Bellagio Event is half a million dollars!! WOW!!

05-28-2002, 10:41 AM
He let his head get shaved becasue its good publicity. He loves being in the limelight and may get him more endorsements in the future. He is totally out of line at the tables then puts a spin on it to make himself look better. He apologizes for acting like an ass then does the same thing the next day. Why don't you try and act like a gentleman at the tables and you'll have no reason to give your empty apologies. Its not that hard to act like ladies and gentleman for 90% of the poker community but poor Phil can't do it. Maybe he doesn't care to do it because he thinks he's better than most of the poker community so he can do what he wants.

That being said he is entertaining to watch because you don't know who he will insult next. Or when he will cry at the table. So as a viewer it is funny to watch but totally out of line to the people he is playing with and is lucky he doesn't get kicked out of the tournaments. I heard he was swearing at Meng La because Meng's big stack was too close to Phil.

05-28-2002, 11:27 AM
I don't know Phil Helmuth, and I don't know much about the world of big bet poker, but if he is such a jerk, why doesn't somebody take him out back and whip his ass?

Fitz

05-28-2002, 03:35 PM
Most just see him as a moron and let it go. They say that just Phil being Phil. And he's usually not vulgar, but occasionally. Its usually more him telling you how he's gonna bust you while your usually taking his chips. And he stares at you and smiles and stuff like that. One day someone will not put up with it and it could get ugly.

05-28-2002, 07:43 PM
Because he's 6'6" 250. They also might get arrested and sued.

Nice guy, if a bit pompous and condescending, away from the table; total idiot at the table.

05-28-2002, 07:51 PM
...and I trained him in Brazilian Kung Fu! If you mess with him, he'll give you the Crouching Eagle choke combination armlock, and will stop blood from entering your brain for 30 minutes, at least.