PDA

View Full Version : party poker?

edthayer
07-12-2004, 12:30 PM
I'm just getting started on internet poker, and I signed up for UltimateBet, but I hear everyone is always talking about Party Poker. What's the deal with Party? Is it a better site; are the games looser? I would imagine that low-limit games would be generally loose/passive wherever you go, but am I missing something?

Surfbullet
07-12-2004, 12:35 PM
The lowest-limit games everywhere are pretty good...if you are looking for $0.25/$0.50 I would recomment pokerrooom.com, but otherwise the PartyPoker games are very very soft from $0.50/$1 up to $5/$10 (from what I hear).

Dan

Sent
07-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Some sites are looser than others. Party Poker is huge and is looser than UB. UB doesn't have that many tables running either, but they do have lower micro limits from .25/.50 and below, PP starts at .50/1.00.

-Sent

tardigrade
07-12-2004, 01:01 PM
I play Party mostly nowdays. The down side is that games start at .5/1, and are often quite wild, so your bankroll needs to be able to sustain a prolonged beating. It's true that the games are notoriously loose, but they are also quite aggressive at many tables, so you have to do some looking to find a perfect table. For instance, I had a pair of kings recently, capped preflop and on the flop, got trips on the turn and re-capped, the river possibly completed a straight and a passive player came alive and raised, so I just called. I was against a pair of tens and a guy who had just drawn into a double-gutter straight. But this is par for the course at Party ... it's quite wild at times.

edthayer
07-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks. Party it is.

edthayer
07-12-2004, 01:18 PM
What about security, and randomization and all that? Are all the sites regulated? Is this something I should even worry about?

HajiShirazu
07-12-2004, 02:17 PM
In general if you stick to the big-name, reputable sites like party, UB, Stars, you shouldn't have to worry about randomization or getting cashouts.

Zetack
07-12-2004, 04:27 PM
I'm not wild about the software at party and I really wish that they'd provide flop percentages for each table like a lot of other sites do or that somebody would write us program to moniter that.

But they do have the biggest game selection with plenty of loose games, so that's the advantage.

--Zetack