PDA

View Full Version : 3 of my biggest pots

Peter_rus
07-12-2004, 12:27 PM
First two hands were played nearly bad on PF and flop. But maybe - YOU liked some of my moves? People there - is a mix of LAGs,TAGs and passive callers.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $7.
UTG calls, MP folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, Hero raises, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, CO calls, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (12.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero raises, UTG calls, CO calls, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (28.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 32.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 8c 9c (straight, queen high).
Hero shows Qd Kh (straight, ace high).
UTG shows Ad Td (two pair, aces and tens).
CO shows Tc 7h (two pair, tens and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 32.20 BB. </font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG raises, MP calls, CO calls, Button 3-bets, Hero calls, BB caps, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (24 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB bets, UTG calls, MP calls, CO raises, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (18 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, Button bets, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls.

River: (24 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 24 BB

Hero shows 7h 7s (three of a kind, sevens).
BB shows Kh Ah (high card, ace).
UTG shows Th Tc (one pair, tens).
MP shows Qd Js (one pair, jacks).
CO shows Qs 2s (high card, queen).
Button shows Jd Td (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 24 BB. </font>

3. This hand is unbelievable. I don't understand if people can be SO BAD. I guess - maybe it's some kind of cheating and command play?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls, MP raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero 3-bets, MP caps, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, MP calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP bets, BB calls, Hero raises, MP 3-bets, BB calls, Hero caps, MP calls, BB calls.

River: (19.70 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, MP raises, BB calls, Hero 3-bets, MP caps, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 31.70 BB

BB shows 5d Ts (one pair, tens).
Hero shows Ad As (three of a kind, aces).
MP shows 6h 6c (three of a kind, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 31.70 BB. </font>

SaintAces
07-12-2004, 12:42 PM
made my day /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NoTalent
07-12-2004, 01:03 PM
I laughed at this as well. Maybe this is some new type of super-fish?

Peter_rus
07-12-2004, 01:13 PM
I see you like this guy and to provide the beginning of fan club of this unicum i search the hand where he did me as a pioneer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif He is a button.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB folds, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP calls, Button calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Hero shows 7d Kd (two pair, kings and sixes).
MP shows Ts 9c (two pair, nines and sixes).
Button shows As Kh (two pair, kings and sixes).
Outcome: Button wins 6.50 BB. </font>

HajiShirazu
07-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Are the Party 5/10 games really this soft?

fyodor
07-12-2004, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I see you like this guy and to provide the beginning of fan club of this unicum i search the hand where he did me as a pioneer. /images/graemlins/smile.gif He is a button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Izhvanisti pazshoolsta. Peter I know English is your second language and as you can see from my pathetic attempt at Russian you look like a multi-linuistic whiz next to me, but I get a serious kick out of some of the stuff you say.

No idea what a unicum is without looking it up. "did me as a pioneer" is classic. Wierd pictures of sex in Alberta circa 1800

"He is a button" You slay me. Still laughing here.

NoTalent
07-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Well someone could have flushed him out, wouldn't want to risk that extra bet on the river /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peter_rus
07-12-2004, 04:22 PM
I'm trying to learn Eng. better:) But sometimes i just translate to Eng. some part of Rus. sleng without adaption (and because i don't even know - how it will be in Eng.)

Actually, if some of my statements makes somebody laughing - i really should not try to learn thus continuing to bring some positive emotions? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DaveB
07-12-2004, 04:38 PM
In 1, I don't raise this offsuit from the BB. On the flop the cap is a bit aggressive, probably not +EV but not by much. Otherwise nice pot /images/graemlins/smile.gif

2 the preflop call is a bit loose. So is the call on the flop... you have 2 outs here almost all the time I would think. It's a big pot though. Nice river.

I would have slowed down on the river in the 3rd hand fearing KJ.

Why didn't you bet the river in the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif hand?

Do you only play 5/10 SH?

Peter_rus
07-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Yep i agree with what you said. But i think that the most loose thing was call 2 cold on flop in hand 2. Calling preflop i think is not so bad while i had big implyed odds if flopped.

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you bet the river in the K 7 hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't remember - maybe i was scared of second caller. I knew that they can cold call till river K7-KT all the time.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you only play 5/10 SH?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now - yes. But planning to go to 10/20 in a month or two, when i reach bankroll of 20K.

DaveB
07-12-2004, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now - yes. But planning to go to 10/20 in a month or two, when i reach bankroll of 20K.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm waiting in the 1/2 game til I get enough for 5/10. Hopefully you've moved on by then /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter_rus
07-12-2004, 05:23 PM
I moved to 5/10 SH from 3/6 - full tables. My brother's try to move from 1/2 SH to 5/10 SH failed, while he had success on 1/2. 1/2 and 5/10 actually very different.

DaveB
07-12-2004, 05:34 PM
I played 5/10 sucessfully about 6 months ago for 20-30k hands then had to withdraw almost my entire BR. So when I started up again I only had $250. Just trying to build it back up.

Gramps
07-12-2004, 05:51 PM
I'd bet the River in hand #2. It's a huge friggen pot, there's no reason to suspect a 4 out there given that everyone had to call at least two cold PF, no reason to suspect JJ the way the hand has gone postflop, and it's not unlikely that the button will check it through if you check (seeing as he didn't 3-bet the flopm and bet a Turn blank only when checked to). People certaily aren't going to give you credit for a 4, so you're likely to get a number of calls from worse hands here.

Check-raising isn't really a great option since you may get the same # of bets (or even less money) the times that the button does bet (and it doesn't appear likely than an earlier player will bet given the Turn checks).

Oh yeah, I'd probably fold the flop when it's two cold to you, due to the very real possibility of it being reraised and even capped. It would be ugly if BB 3-bets (since you'd pretty much have to call an extra bet, or even two more back to you given the pot size by that point). Paying 1 BB to see another card seems fine, paying 1.5 or 2 BB doesn't look so great. Worked out okay in hindsight.