PDA

View Full Version : was I right to move in here?

el Jefe
07-12-2004, 11:40 AM
Party $10+1 SNG. I'm feeling a little pressure to pick up some chips as I've folded 11 in row and had my last three blinds stolen. Table is playing unusually tight and steals have been pretty successful to this point. Blinds are moving to 100/200 next hand. My image must be very tight.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB (t765)
UTG (t390)
<font color="C00000">Hero (t980)</font>
MP2 (t620)
CO (t2015)
Button (t1220)
<font color="C00000">SB (t2010)</font>

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t200</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls t150, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>,

Flop: (t500) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets t200</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t780 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t580.

Turn: (t2060) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2060) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2060
<font color="green">Main Pot: t2060 (t2060), between Hero and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (t2060).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ac 9d (one pair, aces).
SB shows 6h 6d (three of a kind, sixes).
Outcome: SB wins t2060. </font>

holeplug
07-12-2004, 11:53 AM
I'd push preflop. Other than that you got sucked out on the river; it happens.

steeser
07-12-2004, 12:04 PM
I hate the min-raise, think it absolutely no sucks. I raise to T300 or push. Either way you cut it though, it looks like you are losing the hand. If he's willing to call all-in on that flop, he'll probably call it pre-flop too.

I think you have to play it on that flop also.

Jason Strasser
07-12-2004, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero (t980)

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Big Blind is t100

[/ QUOTE ]

So, as I've been saying for my entire life, this is all-in or fold for me. This depends a lot on table dynamics whether I make this move here, usually it will be all-in.

When u have 10x the BB, all-in or fold. Make it easy.

As for the result, well your opponent made a horrid call on the flop and sucked out. You also made a horrid move preflop by min raising. Weak and tentative.

el Jefe
07-12-2004, 12:33 PM
thanks Jason, you are absolutely right and I knew I blew it the second I min-raised. I just needed someone to berate my play to help it sink in. After sb called I decided I was done with the hand unless and Ace flopped and we all saw what happened from there.

There was some chat during/after the hand I'm curious what people think of.

After I raised all-in on the flop this exchanged occured while the timer was counting down on SB

UTG (folded preflop): Call!
UTG: CALL
SB: I don't know, he could have an Ace
UTG: I doubt he does
UTG: seriously
SB: I'm going to take your word
Hero: i do

SB calls (580)

after he sucks out on me UTG says "I folded an Ace" and I'm of course thinking No Sh*t! You might as well have told us all that.

Is it worth reporting this stuff? I didn't as I made my own (stupid) comment during the hand. When it was over I just said "gg" and moved on. SB apologized(?) SB went on to win, UTG finished out of the $

thanks for your input.

-Jeff

Jason Strasser
07-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Ehhh. Take chat in a sng (or poker in general) for what its worth.

Not much.

Everyone wants your all-in to be called, because that means there is a chance there is one less player to be content with. You should always be rooting for something like that.

I am guilty with having fun with chat, but it is rare. Usually I have better things to concentrate on... I also really never take into consideration anything in chat into my decisions during a hand.

With regards to reporting it, usually a single SNG isnt worth it. The chat obviously is illegal, or close enough, but the time you waste contacting party support could've been made up playing 3-4 sngs at an average ROI.

Gluck,
-Jason

p.s. I hope I didn't 'berate' your play, it was meant as positive criticism.