PDA

View Full Version : my reasoning for betting flop then checking later steets,ok?

Noodles
07-12-2004, 10:32 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7.25 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.
Ok i bet here as i thought checking would be no good whatsoever,also i was trying to represent a j.I was hoping the players inbetween would figure that for me to bet into the pf 3 bettor should mean i have something,maybe the CO thought that or maybe he had nothing

Turn: (4.37 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.
when these 2 called on the flop i thought they must have pairs as flop was unco-ordinated and i showed strenght with my bet into the 3 bettor,so i felt here that there is no point betting to knock them out as thet will just call down to the riv

River: (4.37 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: 4.37 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 4.37 BB, between Hero, MP2 and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (4.37 BB).</font>

When i dragged the pot i could not belive it,still cant believe it! What were they thinking calling the flop?
Then i felt i played wrong cos of results but now i feel i played it properly,did i?

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ah Qs (one pair, eights).
MP2 shows 4c Kc (one pair, eights).
MP3 shows 9d 7d (one pair, eights).

Outcome: Hero wins 4.37 BB. </font>

Guido
07-12-2004, 10:56 AM
Strange hand... The way the CO played the hand is very strange. Maybe he misclicked or he played Ax /images/graemlins/diamond.gif this way. I think when you decided to represent a jack you should bet the turn again. You could expect not all of them would fold to 1 single bet and the 8 is actually a good card for you on the turn. So bet the flop and bet the turn or check-call on the flop. Sometimes I go for a check-raise on the flop when I think the CO has nothing and I can drive the rest out.

Guido

Edit: obviously I expect the CO to bet as a bluff on the flop when I go for a check-raise