PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with the Nuts

ducci
07-12-2004, 05:24 AM
First post ever, I'm still learning the game. Anyway, I just had one of my best hands, and I'd like you to tell me how I played it. I think I did it right, but is there anything I could have done differently? I was thinking I should have check-raised the river, but I didn't know if he'd bet. Or maybe I should have raised the flop, but then I figured he wouldn't 4-raise the turn then. Anyway, any critcism is appreciated.

Dealt to Hero [ Th Tc ]
Hero raises [$1].
1 folds.
2 folds.
3 folds.
4 folds.
5 folds.
6 folds.
7 raises [$1.5].
8 folds.
9 folds.
Hero calls [$0.5].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 9s, Td, Ts ]
Hero checks.
7 bets [$0.5].
Hero calls [$0.5].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3c ]
Hero checks.
7 bets [$1].
Hero raises [$2].
7 raises [$2].
Hero raises [$2].
7 calls [$1].
** Dealing River ** [ 2s ]
Hero bets [$1].
7 calls [$1].
Hero shows [ Th, Tc ] four of a kind, tens.
7 doesn't show [ Jh, Jc ] two pairs, jacks and tens.

Guido
07-12-2004, 07:34 AM
Nice hand. I would play it the same way. I don't know at which site you play but you might use this (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi) site to post your hands here.

Good luck,

Guido

bdk3clash
07-12-2004, 11:20 AM
Don't bother slowplaying this kind of monster. Generally, everyone and their mother is afraid of trips on this kind of board. Check-call the flop, check-raise the turn is how everyone tries to play these hands when they first start playing, and they're wrong.

You kind of got lucky in that your opponent was a moron, but I think the best way to disguise your hand here is to play it fast. Bet the flop, bet the turn and pray your opponent raises.

Oh, yeah, welcome to the board, and nice hand. How to play flopped quads is a good dilemma to have. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

(Also, in the future, keep in mind that $0.50/1 hands should be posted in the micro-limits forum. No biggie.)

Guido
07-12-2004, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check-call the flop, check-raise the turn is how everyone tries to play these hands when they first start playing, and they're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
True very true... but not always. In this case I don't think it mattered much. In general I would bet out on the flop because I play a lot of hands this way so I like to keep them guessing and they are more likely to pay me on the flop than on the turn.

Good you pointed this out... I see way too much slowplaying with sets or better.

Thanks,

Guido

ducci
07-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the info.

Didn't realize there was a micro-limit forum. There's a good shot to my ego. Feels like the kiddie pool.

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-12-2004, 12:04 PM
At micro-limits, I would generally suggest you not slow play too many hands. They will pay you off regardless, and there's no point in getting fancy.

BTW, where the hell were you playuing micro that only two saw the flop? If that hand was typical for the table, then you should move. If that hand is typical for the site, cash out and go to another site.