PDA

View Full Version : how to play against loose passive players?

hawaii
07-12-2004, 04:23 AM
a couple players in my home game a loose passive. im talking loose that they WONT bet 2 pair on the turn and will just check the river when they have straights. what kind of hands are best against players like these and also, how to play them?

Alobar
07-12-2004, 04:49 AM
If they are just scared to bet, you should still be betting the hands you think are best. If they show you a river str8 they were afraid to raise against your TPTK, then just be glad they didnt make you pay more.

If they are the type that will call no matter what the action to them is, then you need to be playing more drawing hands, hands that will make str8s and flushes. And be raising your big pairs, make them pay to draw to their hands.

A loose passive table is the best kind of table to be at. Just remember hands like ATo KJo go way down in value when its multiway and hands like suited aces and suited connectors go WAY up in value when its multiway.

hawaii
07-12-2004, 06:51 AM
thanks...i'll remember that. any other ways to play???

stir
07-12-2004, 09:58 AM
I'm going to define your 2 guys who are loose passive as guys who like to see a lot of flops for one bet.

If that is in fact the case, this means you are going to get better pot odds to see the flop with your drawing hands.

For instance you should consider playing suited connectors down to about 7,6 from mid position. And unsuited connectors down to about 7,6o from LP when these loose guys help generate attractive odds. And then, of course, dump those drawing hands if you miss the flop completely.