PDA

View Full Version : SNG for review

vetman81
07-12-2004, 03:50 AM
I just finished this SNG and here are the hands I was involved in. Let me have it...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (5 handed)

SB (t1615)
Hero (t770)
UTG (t1450)
MP (t3065)
Button (t1100)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of t30.
Hero raises to t80, UTG calls t80, MP folds, Button folds, SB (poster) calls t50.

I didn't know if I should have just limped in, or not played the hand at all.

Flop: (t240) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets t70, UTG folds, SB calls t70.

Here I bet to see where I am in the hand.

Turn: (t380) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets t70, SB folds.

Since SB did not raise, I assumed he had no A so I went ahead and bet again.

Final Pot: t450

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Hero wins t450. </font>

SB (t1075)
Hero (t985)
UTG (t1340)
MP (t3080)
Button (t1520)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t60) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t60) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets t30, SB raises to t60, Hero calls t30.

Noone had bet, so I thought I would just try to take the pot. I called the raise thinking my Td might be good if another diamond hit on the river...

River: (t180) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets t65, SB folds.

Final Pot: t245

Hero shows 3c Td (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins t245. </font>

Didn't know I showed...certainly did not mean to.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (4 handed)

Hero (t935)
BB (t2010)
UTG (t2485)
Button (t2570)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, Button folds, Hero raises to t175, BB folds.

Just stealing the pot...is the size of the raise decent?

Final Pot: t225

No showdown. Hero wins t225. </font>

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed)

Hero (t985)
UTG (t2110)
Button (t2235)
SB (t2670)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Button calls t100, SB completes, Hero checks.

Ii almost moved all in preflop on this hand, but thought I would see a flop for free.

Flop: (t300) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t300) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

River: (t300) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: t300

Hero shows Ac 5s (one pair, fives).
Button shows 2s 2c (one pair, twos).
SB shows Qc Ts (high card, queen).
Outcome: Hero wins t300. </font>

Hero (t1135)
Button (t2110)
SB (t2185)
BB (t2570)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero raises to t1135 (All-In), Button folds, SB folds, BB calls t1035.

Since I only had 10x BB, I went all in...

Flop: (t2320) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t2320) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2320) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2320

Hero shows Qs Js (one pair, kings).
BB shows 4h 4s (full house, fours full of kings).
Outcome: BB wins t2320. </font>

And that was it...fourth. I have the full tournament as well, but I don't know the best way to post it.

SumZero
07-12-2004, 04:22 AM
I think often your bet sizes are a little weird still.

Hand 1: come in for full pot sized bet. With no sb and t30 blind that means raise to t90. Then on the flop I think you either bet the pot, or slow play. On the turn you should definitely slow play.

Hand 2: don't min raise. Raise the pot, which is T60.

Hand 3: fine. Pot bet would be t150 so t175 works too. You have to be careful though as if you get re-raised all in you'll want to be able to get away from the hand since it would likely be a higher Ace or a pocket pair higher than 6.

Hand 4: I like the way you played this. With the limp and the complete I don't think you want to push as higher Aces and low pocket pairs are certainly possible - and they may well call. And I wouldn't bet the turn 5.

Hand 5: Tough call. I'd either bet the pot (t350) which would not leave me pot committed, or fold. I'd probably bet the pot and fold to a raise if the table was being conservative or fold preflop if the table was aggressive (b/c the three near equal stacks may take each other out). IMHO it was a bad call from the big blind with pocket 4s as you either have a higher pair or 2 over cards. Which best case is a 50/50 shot at becoming the short stack.

Hood
07-12-2004, 04:55 AM
Generally speaking, I don't like betting 'to see where I stand'. Putting 70 in to a 245 pot doesn't find out anything - you'll be called by a whole host of hands, and you're just increasing your variance by adding 70 chips. If you're going to bet, bet the pot - that way there's a good chance you'll win in on the flop. 245 is a nice pot to take down.

Hood
07-12-2004, 05:17 AM
More detailed response... all you imo natch:

[ QUOTE ]

SB (t1615)
Hero (t770)
UTG (t1450)
MP (t3065)
Button (t1100)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of t30.
Hero raises to t80, UTG calls t80, MP folds, Button folds, SB (poster) calls t50.

I didn't know if I should have just limped in, or not played the hand at all.

Flop: (t240) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets t70, UTG folds, SB calls t70.

Here I bet to see where I am in the hand.

Turn: (t380) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets t70, SB folds.

Since SB did not raise, I assumed he had no A so I went ahead and bet again.

Final Pot: t450

No showdown. Hero wins t450. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

(one Q - it's got SB as the poster, but I'm presuming you're hero?)

I wouldn't play this kind of drawing hand UTG. You're raising 10% of your stack here. Down to 5 handed and with such small blinds, I like to just keep fold and wait for premium hands. Let the others take each other out. If you are going to play it, it's marginal between raising 3x BB and pushing all-in. Wait till the blinds go up a level, wait till you get a nice A or PP and start stealing blinds.

[ QUOTE ]

SB (t1075)
Hero (t985)
UTG (t1340)
MP (t3080)
Button (t1520)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t60) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t60) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets t30, SB raises to t60, Hero calls t30.

Noone had bet, so I thought I would just try to take the pot. I called the raise thinking my Td might be good if another diamond hit on the river...

River: (t180) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets t65, SB folds.

Final Pot: t245

Hero shows 3c Td (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins t245. </font>

Didn't know I showed...certainly did not mean to.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to try and take the pot, at least bet the size of the pot. But with only 60 in the pot I'd say it's not worth it - it's pretty much a bluff. I'd say a call to the min raise is fair enough. But I bet if you'd bet 60 here he'd have folded - min-raising a min-raiser always screams of a 'you're trying to steal the pot - sod off' type of play.

[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (4 handed)

Hero (t935)
BB (t2010)
UTG (t2485)
Button (t2570)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, Button folds, Hero raises to t175, BB folds.

Just stealing the pot...is the size of the raise decent?

Final Pot: t225

No showdown. Hero wins t225. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, seems good. I guess it could be argued that this should just be a push, but I'd don't think you've committed yourself and could fold this to a re-raise.

[ QUOTE ]

Hero (t985)
UTG (t2110)
Button (t2235)
SB (t2670)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Button calls t100, SB completes, Hero checks.

Ii almost moved all in preflop on this hand, but thought I would see a flop for free.

Flop: (t300) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

Turn: (t300) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

River: (t300) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: t300

Hero shows Ac 5s (one pair, fives).
Button shows 2s 2c (one pair, twos).
SB shows Qc Ts (high card, queen).
Outcome: Hero wins t300. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd play this the same. I wouldn't push preflop - I've stopped doing that when I noticed I get called doing this way too frequently. You'd probably be dominated if you were called. And checking this down seems like the right play.

[ QUOTE ]

Hero (t1135)
Button (t2110)
SB (t2185)
BB (t2570)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero raises to t1135 (All-In), Button folds, SB folds, BB calls t1035.

Since I only had 10x BB, I went all in...

Flop: (t2320) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t2320) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2320) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2320

Hero shows Qs Js (one pair, kings).
BB shows 4h 4s (full house, fours full of kings).
Outcome: BB wins t2320. </font>

And that was it...fourth. I have the full tournament as well, but I don't know the best way to post it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good play. You've got to go all in here - raising T300 does commit you. If you get called, a large suited connector is a great hand, you will very rarely be much of a dog (compared with hands such as Ax and 22).

The only thing that would make me fold here is if the table was rather wild, and it would be likely I could get in to third position. This goes against the general 2+2 mantra, but many times I've been short stacked and a by waiting a couple of hands, I've seen big-stacks taking each other on with stupid hands like 55 v A6s. If the table is the typical tight bubble, then all-in is the move here.

gergery
07-12-2004, 12:45 PM
I agree with Hood, except that on the A5 hand i probably bet the 5 after they've all checked the flop and SB checks the turn. Anyone with a J would have bet out, any 9 might have bet out -- there is a decent chance you have the best hand.

Note on the first hand with JT that the second J didn't help you very much. Any Ace still beats you and any lower pair is still behind. You are only improving vs. KK,QQ or Kx when another K falls, but once those hands or any flushes see the AAJJx board, they will be terrified. So the J only helps your hand vs. a few kinds of hands and scares away any action you might have had.

--Greg