PDA

View Full Version : Strategic Stalling Or Is It Unethical?

07-12-2004, 03:37 AM
In the game that I just posted, I was always checking as to when my table would break and conscious of my stack which, as always is comparatively short in most stages of the tourney. Twice, I was approachinng the blind that I noticed that if a few more players were knocked off, my table may break just in time for me to be moved to another table and hopefully into a more favorable position. I purposely used the maximum time before folding on both instances and voila, my tables broke. Please don't get me wrong. I do not stall just to tick off other players as some are prone to do. I feel that this move is acceptable, like rushing to the john which sometimes is unavoidable /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Your opinions, please?

uw_madtown
07-12-2004, 03:42 AM
On the face, I'd say that it's a murky move. I'm not sure if Party or any sites have rules against this -- if they do, it's a bad idea, obviously. If they don't, it may fall under more general rules.

A case could be made either way, I suppose.

- uwmadtown

37offsuit
07-12-2004, 08:15 AM
I've got no problem with this because the other players who might bust out have the same opportunity. If part of the rules of the game are that you have X amount of time to make each decision, then you can use that time how ever you see fit.

As a matter a fact, I think that this is a very good use of that time in that you're using it to improve your chances to win.

So long as you aren't encouraging anyone else to do this on your behalf, I think it is fine. I've done this myself in different situations.