PDA

View Full Version : I play goot, 2-4 party A-10s

mikeyvegas
07-11-2004, 11:11 PM
I really don't know how to defend this. I think pf is ok. The flop I kinda got trapped in, although I think I should have folded when it was 2 more to me. I was pretty sure K-10 was out there. The turn seems standard, although I'm not sure about the cap.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, Hero raises, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG bets, MP1 raises, Hero calls, CO 3-bets, Button folds, SB calls, UTG caps, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (16.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG bets, MP1 raises, Hero calls, CO calls, SB folds, UTG 3-bets, MP1 calls, Hero caps, CO calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls $2 (All-In).

River: (32 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG bets, Hero raises, CO calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 38 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 30.50 BB, between UTG, MP1, Hero and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (30.50 BB).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 7.50 BB, between UTG, Hero and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (7.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Kd Ts (straight, king high).
MP1 shows Qd Jc (two pair, queens and jacks).
Hero shows Ad Td (flush, ace high).
CO shows Qh Js (two pair, queens and jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 38 BB. </font>

hawaii
07-11-2004, 11:15 PM
on the flop, i think your call was ok since you already put in 1 bet and the turn was a good card for you. if a diamond didnt come out, i dont think you would have the correct odds to draw to just a straight. what do i know though lol

Brian
07-11-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi Mike,

You don't have anything to defend. You're not going anywhere at any point during this hand. I'd have 3-bet the Flop when it was to me, though.

I figured from the title of your post, you were up against the nuts on the Flop, but it happens sometimes. You played fine.

-Brian

34TheTruth34
07-12-2004, 01:30 AM
I regularly play the Party 2/4 and I would never fold on the flop or turn under any circumstances, but I don't always play so goot...

Richard Berg
07-12-2004, 03:26 AM
Looks good. Coldcall/coldcall/cap probably isn't standard but I'm oddly attracted to it in this particular circumstance.

mikeyvegas
07-12-2004, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd have 3-bet the Flop when it was to me, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious on your reasoning for the 3-bet. I was open ended with an overcard and backdoor flush draw. Would you do it to clean up the Ace? Str8 Value? Cause it's fun?

Brian
07-12-2004, 05:02 PM
All of the above. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Also, in the happiest of worlds, I'd even get a free card on the Turn.

-Brian

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-12-2004, 05:09 PM
I'd call the flop as you did, but probably wouldn't cap the turn, even with the OESD (which is really not an OESD because you may be dead to an 8) and the nut flush draw.

Although... now that I think about it more, you have 12 clean outs to the nuts, four outs to the the ugly end of the straight and a couple A's that may or may not help you. Capping the turn might just be the best play...

Damn, I play too weak. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ddubois
07-12-2004, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a couple A's that may or may not help you

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you can safely count the aces as zero outs with this action.

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-12-2004, 05:42 PM
Agreed.

mikeyvegas
07-12-2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I figured I had to make broadway or a flush to win this hand. I counted 9 clean outs on the turn with non-pairing diamonds and 2 kings. I was pretty sure the K-10 was out there. I capped the turn to actually represent a set. I figured if I hit one of my outs on the river, I would more than make up for that one BB. After seeing what the others had I was suprised the guy with K-10 didn't 3 bet on the river. Not sure how he could put me on the flush. I thought the way I played it screamed QQ.

SomethingClever
07-12-2004, 06:25 PM
Looks like a $158 pot to me. Damn.