PDA

View Full Version : What to do on turn?

Peter_rus
07-11-2004, 09:43 PM
No reads, so opponent supposed to be typical 5/10 aborigen.
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero raises, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, BB raises, Hero?

fyodor
07-11-2004, 09:54 PM
He could have all kinds of crap and I want to see what it is so I call down

deacsoft
07-11-2004, 10:07 PM
I suggest call and then check call. It is hard to put him on a certain hand since he didn't reraise preflop but there are a ton of hands that he could play this way and have you beaten badly. Then again, he never bothered to cap either of the first two rounds possibly meaning that he has a good hand but is slightly afraid of something you might have (trips, straight). I guess I would have to put him on a higher pocket pair than 6s. I think you're well behind at this point but could call, check/call due to pot odds.

I also have found that the polls tend to greatly impact the amount of written feedback in a negative manner. It seems some would rather cast thier vote and move on instead of explaining why. "Why" is the most important part.

x-ray
07-12-2004, 03:53 AM
If we call the raise on the turn and pick up a queen on the river do we bet into him again (looking to get raised and three-bet?) or check/raise?

Thanks,
Ray

Schneids
07-12-2004, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If we call the raise on the turn and pick up a queen on the river do we bet into him again (looking to get raised and three-bet?) or check/raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it were me, I would check raise the river.

Scotch78
07-12-2004, 11:34 AM
I'm thinking he tried a semi-bluff with his straight draw on the flop and hit it with the 8. I fold to his turn raise.

Scott

naphand
07-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Or just as equally a hand like 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, or any pair that he picks up a flush outs with (J /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif etc.). I don't think you can fold here, so calling the Turn you are pretty much committed to calling the River.