PDA

View Full Version : playing with not so good players that will fish for 5 or less out....

hawaii
07-11-2004, 08:59 PM
in the game i play, no matter what, players involved with the pot will call to the river to try and catch 2 pair, straights, flushes, trips and whatever. are pairs and suited connectors, Axs Kxs recommended?? last night, they kept catching their 4 outers and just kept playing them. should i just play my game and still be tight aggressive or slow down when i flop top pair and such???

VeraN
07-11-2004, 09:13 PM
It sounds like the kinda thing that happens all the time on partypoker's .10/.25 NL tables. They're obviously fish if they keep calling hoping to make 2 pair at the river, and in the long run you're gonna make a lot of money off of them so I envy you. People can make 300 playing in 25 NL tables over at party because of fish like these. You should be glad you get to play with them.

hawaii
07-11-2004, 09:25 PM
im glad i play with them because i know in the long run they will lose but im wondering if i should still value bet and such?? also, another big question of mine is that they will only re raise or check raise with something good, on the river when there is a lot of money in the pot, should i fold anyway? i dont think they are capable of bluffing with a reraise or checkraise so i would tend to fold but just wondering? lol

Monty Cantsin
07-11-2004, 09:29 PM
Value bet more, bluff less. If they're as predictable as you say you can save a lot by folding when you know you're beat but you better make sure they don't figure that out and start adapting to you by taking shots.

/mc

VeraN
07-11-2004, 09:35 PM
Exactly what he said, and also I would recommend limping in more with suited cards. If you catch a flush, you're guaranteed to make a lot of money off of these players. And don't do any fancy trapping or check raising, it doesn't work on these players because they are calling stations. Your best bet is to get cards and keep betting high until they finally learn to fold. Once they start folding the game will get easier for you because at that moment they are scared of you.

MicroBob
07-11-2004, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all the time on partypoker's .10/.25 NL tables

[/ QUOTE ]

these do not exist

HajiShirazu
07-11-2004, 10:42 PM
These are the best games you can possibly play in, I also find them to be quite fun as you can play more hands, and most of the postflop decisions are somewhat simpler. In general you seem to have the right idea, more suited cards and all pairs preflop, more suited connectors. Also make sure that in addition to raising preflop with your normal AK/AQ/big pairs, you raise preflop with the weaker big suited hands such as KJs and A9s, as you often have great equity with these against multiple players who are coming in with trash. And don't forget to be jamming the pot with your good draws if they will call anyway.