PDA

View Full Version : JJ against very LAG

curtisvill
07-11-2004, 05:48 PM
I sat down at a $100 NL table when it was 4 handed. I felt I had a pretty good read on this LAG. I watched the LAG overbet the pot numerous times to take down small pots. We got to 3 handed and I raised to $4 on the button with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, he re-raised $15 and I folded. He showed K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif. He would play any ace, and would call $25 re-raises with any ace. He would then call down when an ace hit and lose to AK. He would play any face card, suited or not. His stack went up and down. He will defend his blind with any 2 cards. I have watched him lay down to a raise once or twice.

When this hand came up he had me covered. I had $150 and am in MP with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif. There is one poster before me who checks and I raise the pot to $7. Folded to the LAG who is in the BB, he calls, the poster then folds.

Flop comes 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. LAG makes it $20 to go. I re-raise $30. He calls.

Turn is 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He checks.

What is your move?

kurtcobain
07-11-2004, 07:05 PM
I might have read the post wrong, but it seems that both of you had just about all your money in the pot at this point, so you might as well push on the turn since you're goign to call a river bet no matter what falls.

Leo Bello
07-11-2004, 09:22 PM
I guess no he said he had 150 and villain more than him (had him covered).
the betting was 7+20+30=57. So he had about one third of his stack there. Indeed, a large percentage of his chips.
he hasnīt improved and villain can have a bigger pair or even a hidden set here.
It is a tough decision. But I guess there is no space ere for checking. And I guess you wonīt make him fold as well.
I was not going to be confident pushing, but if you have the bankroll, that may be the only option, then bet the pot.