PDA

View Full Version : Kerry's Cabinet

ChristinaB
07-11-2004, 05:31 PM
In my humble opinion, Sen.John Kerry should choose former Pres.Bill Clinton, as his Secretary of State if Pres.Clinton agrees.
I was watching Pres.Clinton being interviewed by Ms.Cristiana Amanpour on CNN. He demonstrated his sharp grasp on reallly serious issues, national and international as well that he had to tackle, when he served for full two terms as the 42nd President of the USA.

His vast knowledge, worldwide popularity and personal rapport with many leaders and various heads of state is a great assett. He can contribute a lot in a positive manner, to Kerry/Edwards's White House.

Likewise, I think Rep.Dick Gephardt can make an excellent National Security Advisor to 'President' John F.Kerry.

What I would like to see, is your opinion about who Sen.Kerry should choose, if elected president, in various important departments such as defense, economy etc.

My thoughts on John Kerry's cabinet:

Secretary of State: Bill Clinton
Secretary of Defense: Wesley Clark
Secretary of Homeland Security: Joe Biden
Attorney General: Lee Hamilton (may be too elderly), Jane Harmon

I really haven't taken a lot of time to consider other possibilities, but these come off the top of my head. Attorney General is one that really requires a lot more thought. Although I think very highly of Jane Harmon, she is probably more suited to intelligence work. I don't know if she would be a good possibility for Homeland Security but I certainly wouldn't dismiss her out of hand.

adios
07-11-2004, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Secretary of State: Bill Clinton
Secretary of Defense: Wesley Clark
Secretary of Homeland Security: Joe Biden
Attorney General: Lee Hamilton (may be too elderly), Jane Harmon

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming these folks want the jobs. I think Biden's expertise is actually more suited to foreign affairs but I'm curious as to why you think Biden and Homeland security are a good fit. I'm not saying Biden isn't a good fit just wondering why you think he is. Gephardt seems to be a natural for Labor secretary to me. Interesting post.