PDA

View Full Version : 2 hands. 1 nearly sent me to the bathroom to yak.

bernie
07-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Gravy table at mucks 10-20.

Hand 1:
This was a few days ago, so some of the details are sketchy.

Guy 2 on my right has been easing into maniacal stage.

4 or 5 to the flop, im in BB with A9o.

Flop J 9 4 rainbow.

I check, knowing at least the button(mentioned above) will bet. Instead, an MP bets. Not real confidently. 1 call, a fold, button raises as is SOP, I 3 bet, all call, 4 to the flop. At this point, i think im ahead, but not by much.

Turn some blank. No str8 really possible. Anyways, it doesnt hit anyone IMO.

I check, checked to the button who bets, i raise, MP coldcalls as does the other caller? Button says enthusiastically, "Whoa man! Nice hand!" Then 3 bets me.

At this point, he hasnt really gotten out of line on turn 3 bets. Or turn raises for that matter. As i stated, he'd been 'easing' into maniacalness. Subtlely and a little under the radar. So in considering the 3 bet and what the coldcallers may have, i fold. Like a weak-tight piece of crap. Would this be raise or fold here? I think MP is likely drawing, but the other caller bugs me.

Others call.

River is a blank

Checked to button who bets, at least one caller.

Button takes it down with a pair of 4s. Others didnt show.

Almost as good as a dose of epicac for me.
----

Hand 2

Last night, great game at mucks. 10-20

Probably not much to discuss on this one. Pretty str8 forward.

I open in EMP with TT, LP calls, as does BB.

Flop 9 4 2 r /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BB bets out. He has a piece of this flop. It doesn't have to be top pair. I raise, LP coldcalls (i put him on big overcards, obviously) BB calls.

Turn 9

BB thinks a moment and bets out. I dont have a good enough line on him to say he does or doesnt have a 9 at this point. I get a titch that this isnt an unthinking bet. Meaning not an auto-bet. He could still be betting an underpair here. If there were a draw, he liked to bet that also. To give you an idea of his range.

I raise, LP calls, BB calls mumbling something that isn't about being outkicked. Anyone call this if he 3 bets? I planned on folding if he did.

Riv blank

checked to me, i bet, LP folds, BB calls and shows 42o for a flopped 2 pair counterfeited on the turn.

b

bernie
07-12-2004, 10:02 AM
_

bobgreen
07-12-2004, 01:43 PM
In hand 1, calling the turn 3-bet requires a parlay: button got nuttin, callers got squat, and river gives naught. Unless you've got WPTcam sunglasses you'll be calling some when beat and folding some when best. This looks like an appropriate time to fold when best.

I think if you find yourself in this situation 100 times, you'll end up loser about 90 times. If you call the turn, you have to call the river, so your pot odds are cut in half. There should be more than a few rivers that get checked to the button; he bets, you call, then shazap an MP raises. I guess you fold then, getting 277whatever:1.

Now, my good man, yak.

Boopotts
07-12-2004, 01:49 PM
My suggestion would be to not dump boatloads of chips into multi way pots with middle pair out of position.