PDA

View Full Version : damn, wimping out...too passive?

Surfbullet
07-11-2004, 04:43 PM
Another QQ hand... been shown down a bunch of weird 2 pair, sets, and river jobs in this session, and slowed down too much I think. Suggestions?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, BB folds, UTG+1 3-bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 bets, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10.25 BB, between UTG+1 and Hero.</font>

I bet the river because I thought a c/r was unlikely...he had no reason to believe I would bet if checked to, and I felt that he would have bet out with 2 pair or better.

Sent
07-11-2004, 05:00 PM
I have no idea what UTG has, probably top pair. I don't know if anyone would raise the turn here, cant see him on J6 or J2, maybe JJ but his river play doesnt suggest that or any other set (or flush for that matter). Probably AJ or something.

-Sent

Kluddeludde
07-11-2004, 05:11 PM
I would cap the flop or raise the turn.

Kludde

Ric
07-11-2004, 05:12 PM
If you cap the flop and he leads out the turn, then it would be more likely that you're behind. However, since I sometimes play TP like UTG+1 did, you can still be way ahead. I like the river bet.

Edit: Wouldn't 2/4 be small stakes?

Peter Harris
07-11-2004, 05:24 PM
far too passive, i cap the flop raise the turn and bet the river.

Grrrrr (fear me!)

Pete H.

Surfbullet
07-11-2004, 06:41 PM
I briefly considered capping the flop, but if he has 2 pair I'm not helping myself at all, and if he has TP I want him to keep betting, not shut down.

However, with that line I should have raised the turn, and called down a 3-bet. I was happy with the river bet, as I felt his check made it clear he had TP at best. He showed KsJs for top pair K kicker and I took it down.

Is 2/4 considered small stakes? I will post there if that is the consensus, but I had seen a 2/4 post there told to "go back to microlimits" so I figured I'd stay here 'till 3/6.

Thanks for the input,

Dan

detruncate
07-11-2004, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Is 2/4 considered small stakes? I will post there if that is the consensus, but I had seen a 2/4 post there told to "go back to microlimits" so I figured I'd stay here 'till 3/6.

Thanks for the input,

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually 2/4 players post in Small Stakes, but it's not unheard of to post here. Especially when the players have recently moved up and are used to the place. I for one don't mind 2/4 posts here. It helps build a sesnse of continuity between limits. You might mind, however. There are some very good players around here, but not nearly as much experience at 2/4 and beyond as you'd find in Small Stakes.