PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd post a hand....

burntazure
07-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, CO calls.

I am on button so I must raise.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB bets, CO calls, Hero raises, BB calls, CO calls.

Flopped set. Two flush draw cards on board.... I have best hand here so I need to go for the pot, right?

Turn: (6.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO bets, Hero calls, BB calls.

This made me nervous because of the heart. My only question for this hand is I have to stay in this pot, right? Should I fear the flush? With three other people in the pot I thought at least someone had the flush. Now, I was drawing for quads or full house. DId I make a mistake here? Reraise? I felt it was a tough choice...

River: (9.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, CO calls, Hero caps, BB calls, CO calls.

This part is easy since my card came.

Final Pot: 21.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 21.25 BB, between BB, CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (21.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Td 8d (three of a kind, tens).
CO shows Ac Kd (two pair, aces and tens).
Hero shows Qd Qs (full house, queens full of tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 21.25 BB. </font>

It turns out there was no flush!!! But I was sure there would be one. In this type of situation, do you ever fold this type of hand when the third flush card hits or if there's a lot of action do you just get into check/call mode? From my perspective I should not let go of this hand. Perhaps if a fourth flush card came then probably let go.

If my card did not come on river it's just check/call right?
Any thoughts on this will be well received.

adios.

Peter Harris
07-11-2004, 04:08 PM
PF: [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wrong - you have QQ so must raise.

F: wrong logic again; both remaining players have called one bet, they may 3-bet you and you can cap so must raise. You also have the best hand, so that's true too.

Turn: I lean towards raising. the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif being out helps in that you're less likely to be reraised (some players don't raise a flush without the Ace-hi), furthermore, you're less likely to be up against a high flush (though some party nutters play Kx suited).

Raising here is a good move because a) a 3-bet lets you know you are quite probably on a redraw to the full and b) if your hand is best you put more money in the pot.

River is standard. if the full doesn't come, the turn play may have given info, since your way you have to merely call a bet to you. given my turn play, if 3-bet you have the option to lay down fearing straight/flush.

Comments welcome,
Pete Harris.

deacsoft
07-11-2004, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You certainly do not have to but I do nearly every time with Q-Q.

[ QUOTE ]
Flopped set. Two flush draw cards on board.... I have best hand here so I need to go for the pot, right?

[/ QUOTE ] I agree that you do need to bet and reaise here as much as possible.

[ QUOTE ]
This made me nervous because of the heart. My only question for this hand is I have to stay in this pot, right? Should I fear the flush? With three other people in the pot I thought at least someone had the flush. Now, I was drawing for quads or full house. DId I make a mistake here? Reraise? I felt it was a tough choice...

[/ QUOTE ]
This is where you need to find out where and if the flush is. Since CO didn't raise the only called the flop and then bet in to you on the turn it may appear he caught his flush, but it could just as easily been the ace and not the heart that helped him. I raise here too to see where I'm at. I don't like to give credit to the flush unless they give me a strong reason to. If It's 3 bet (a strong reason)I call and look to pair the board on 5th street. I'm still in the best position.

detruncate
07-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Hi there. I think you should raise the turn. He could be betting all sorts of stuff... the ace, 2 pair, a flush draw. Yes, it's prudent to slow down with a lot of action, but one bet and one call isn't a lot of action. You have a very good hand and outs to improve if you're facing a flush. I'd probably just call 3-bet and slow down from there unless you fill up.

burntazure
07-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the circumspect analysis (especially yr last paragraph). And CO did spook me. But you're right the ace helped him (not in a flush sense); I was cognizant of that possibility as well.

In future cases of these types of hands I think I will think about raising the turn more &amp; playing it more aggressively.

burntazure
07-11-2004, 04:32 PM
thanks. Based on the posts I received I am now in a agreement with raising the turn. In retrospect, I think it would have given me more information (i.e. if he reraised or just called).

detruncate
07-11-2004, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks. Based on the posts I received I am now in a agreement with raising the turn. In retrospect, I think it would have given me more information (i.e. if he reraised or just called).

[/ QUOTE ]

The information is a secondary benefit. You raise here for value.

deacsoft
07-11-2004, 04:59 PM
Aggressive is good. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kluddeludde
07-11-2004, 05:15 PM
You must raise the turn.

Kludde

SeppDeitrich
07-12-2004, 12:20 AM
You cannot quit raiseing just because your hand is no longer the nuts you must raise the turn. you should only stop if they 3-bet you. of course you cap the river. No way you EVER drop this hand in low limit holdem, if you are in a tough high stakes game then there might be a time to let it go, or maybe you could fold it under some circumstances in a no limit game, but here, no way!

deacsoft
07-12-2004, 02:43 PM
I agree... if it is an on-line game. In a live game there could be plenty of reasons to fold.