PDA

View Full Version : Ak suited.

BlackMamba
07-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Hello. First and foremost, this is not another bad beat story. I just wanna see what more experienced players would've done in this situation. I was just knocked out of a TP MTT NL holdem tournament. I busted out with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I had $1005 in chips. Since most players know me well and I've beaten most of them in past tournaments, I think my table image is that of a shark. Once again the table is loose passive unless somebody gets a hand like A,J A,Q A,K KK or AA pre-flop.

I'm dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in EP. I raise it to $154. I get 4 callers and everybody else folds. I like the callers because AK has the potential to win a huge pot if the flop is favorable. Oh forgot to mention, blinds are $7/15 so its very early in the tournament.

Pot is now $760

Flop comes: A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I just hit top 2 pair and am not worried about losing. Whats your move (results to follow).

Stew
07-11-2004, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello. First and foremost, this is not another bad beat story. I just wanna see what more experienced players would've done in this situation. I was just knocked out of a TP MTT NL holdem tournament. I busted out with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I had $1005 in chips. Since most players know me well and I've beaten most of them in past tournaments, I think my table image is that of a shark. Once again the table is loose passive unless somebody gets a hand like A,J A,Q A,K KK or AA pre-flop.

I'm dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in EP. I raise it to $154. I get 4 callers and everybody else folds. I like the callers because AK has the potential to win a huge pot if the flop is favorable. Oh forgot to mention, blinds are $7/15 so its very early in the tournament.

Pot is now $760

Flop comes: A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I just hit top 2 pair and am not worried about losing. Whats your move (results to follow).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you are a little arrogant and probably over-value your table image, but other than that I'd push-in.

tripdad
07-11-2004, 04:08 PM
yeah, you gotta push here. normally, i would just bet about T500 or so try to get the flush drawing hands to incorrectly call, assuming i could do the same on the turn. here, though, if you get called, you would then be giving proper odds to call your turn bet.

cheers!

BrettK
07-11-2004, 04:17 PM
A pot bet here is most of your stack, so push.

Brett

BlackMamba
07-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Well, I decided to push for my remaining chips and I got two callers, yay /images/graemlins/grin.gif. Unfortunately, one of them had K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif and the other had Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif and got his straight on the turn. I feel that this situation was unavoidable and that I played it the best way possible. If anybody disagrees, I would like to hear why. Be as harsh as you wan't. All comments welcome.

tripdad
07-11-2004, 04:20 PM
sorry you lost, but how could you possibly have avoided it?
you played it exactly as you should have, and exactly how any top pro would have, save for a way over the top preflop raise.

cheers!

SossMan
07-12-2004, 12:11 AM
I would like to know where you are playing that a 10x preflop raise routinely gets four callers.

BlackMamba
07-12-2004, 12:13 AM
True poker Soss.

Prime Time
07-12-2004, 10:56 AM
How can the guy that beat you have the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif if that card was on the flop? You better ask for a refund or quit playing that cheating site /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BlackMamba
07-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Oops, sorry about that /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. The site wasn't cheatin. He had the K /images/graemlins/club.gif, not /images/graemlins/spade.gif.