PDA

View Full Version : Twoplustwo-ers Rock the Sam's Town tournament!

Al_Capone_Junior
07-11-2004, 02:04 PM
So Fishbait, AceKQJT, and Fishy's brother (a new 2+2er, hasn't posted but is reading books etc) all met up yesterday in Vegas at Sam's Town for the 7pm $60 + $40 single rebuy tournament. I'd have to say it's not a bad tournament at all, except for the blinds goin up a little too fast, but I'd play in it again. Also, Sam's town treated us right, and their room is not bad at all. The $3 max rake on the ring games is better than some strip hotels too. There was a problem with a player who was basically being an ignorant jerk, and the manager handled it in a very professional, no-nonsense manner. In general, my experiences with Sam's have been good.

Fish and his bro are here from England and loving vegas very much. AceKQJT is here from Louisiana and also loving it. Casey (AceKQJT) and I played in a very good 4-8 game, both leaving the game with a rather nice, tho not huge win. The four of us then entered the tournament at 7pm.

Of the four of us, THREE were at the final table! And the finish order was Casey 5th, Fishy's bro James 4th, and yours truly, me, decided to make a deal for first.

Twoplustwo-ers rock! Vegas rocks!

al

tripdad
07-11-2004, 02:21 PM
congratulations! sounds like fun.

what made you decide to deal when it got head-up?

cheers!

Stoneii
07-11-2004, 02:28 PM
excellent Al - well done

stoneii

Al_Capone_Junior
07-11-2004, 02:52 PM
I usually don't make deals, but in this situation we both had about 6 big blinds left, and were close to even in chips. Since he played well, and had a few more chips than me, it would have basically been a crap shoot to see who got the best hands in the next 10 minutes, after which the blinds doubled again. No point turning down a deal here.

al