PDA

View Full Version : So what happens if we're attacked before November?

sameoldsht
07-11-2004, 12:51 PM
Many are predicting a terrorist attack in the US prior to or on election day. So, what happens? Do you think the American people would rally behind Bush, Kerry or a Third Part Candidate after an attack and how would an attack affect the election results?

Cyrus
07-11-2004, 01:39 PM
They're gonna put two and two together in the White House you think?

sameoldsht
07-11-2004, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They're gonna put two and two together in the White House you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess. The Cancer Man is going to collaborate with some half alien/half human Muslim extremists to coordinate yet another vast right wing conspiracy that will perpetrate an amazingly complex and apparent terrorist attack on the US on election day so Bush wins the election, all the while evading detection from US intelligence, making it look like Kerry was somehow involved and giving Halliburton the no-bid contract to rebuild the devastated area of the attack. But have no fear...Mulder and Skully are on the case.

Sorry...that was fun. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Are you implying that Bush might plan an attack himself?

GWB
07-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Don't forget Spain. One terrorist attack a few days before the election and the whole country capitulates.

Will Americans do the same?

I think most of us are made of stronger stuff.

sameoldsht
07-11-2004, 04:47 PM
I agree G Dubbya. Without sounding too rediculously partisan, I seriously think the terrorists would prefer Kerry in office that you for a variety of reasons. An attack before the election would backfire on the terrorists and you would get more support from the American people, as the poll shows.

Ever get any calls from the Cancer Man?

paland
07-12-2004, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree G Dubbya. Without sounding too rediculously partisan, I seriously think the terrorists would prefer Kerry in office that you for a variety of reasons. An attack before the election would backfire on the terrorists and you would get more support from the American people, as the poll shows.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hate to break the news to you, but the poster is NOT the real Bush. And with Bush in office, the terrorists have free reign around the globe, so why wouldn't they want him in?

jdl22
07-12-2004, 02:35 AM
Hope the American people don't capitulate and elect a guy that invaded a country that posed no terrorist threat to the United States, and only served to aid the cause of the terrorists by causing more hatred toward the United States, aiding their recruiting, and shifting the focus of the "War on Terror" away from the terrorists giving them a chance to regroup and plan further attacks.

jokerswild
07-12-2004, 03:06 AM
So what could happen if the Bush team realizes it's going to lose in the last week of October? They could enable "lapses in intelligence" to permit another attack, suspend the elections, and declare martial law.

This would be the final act in the fascist military takeover of the USA. I don't believe that GHW Bush would support this. Nevertheless, his son answers to "a higher father", and could easily be persuaded that he is Jesus' disciple and God appointed dictator of the USA.

Stu Pidasso
07-12-2004, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So what could happen if the Bush team realizes it's going to lose in the last week of October? They could enable "lapses in intelligence" to permit another attack, suspend the elections, and declare martial law.

This would be the final act in the fascist military takeover of the USA. I don't believe that GHW Bush would support this. Nevertheless, his son answers to "a higher father", and could easily be persuaded that he is Jesus' disciple and God appointed dictator of the USA.

[/ QUOTE ]

How'd you get out of the straight jacket anyways?

GWB
07-12-2004, 06:46 AM
I think it is a lot more likely that the Democrats will pull another October surprise, like they have in every close election in the past 20 years:

1984 - not a close election
1988 - not a close election
1992 - indictment of Cabinet officials on trumped up Iran Contra charges
1996 - not a close election
2000 - Maine Democrat releases DUI records

These all were in the last week of the campaign.

If the race is close, I can guarantee the Democrats will do it again.

Michael Davis
07-12-2004, 07:02 AM
I don't understand your claim that terrorists have "free reign" around the globe with Bush in office. Clearly, this administration has done a lot to harass terrorists and make things more difficult for them than they were in the past.

The terrorists might have free reign over the globe, whatever that means, but if that is true, it was always true. Bush may have helped the long-term terrorist cause by cementing many new terrorists and exacerbating justified anti-Americanism, but he has not given terrorists a free reign.

-Michael

MMMMMM
07-12-2004, 09:55 AM
"I hate to break the news to you, but the poster is NOT the real Bush."

I believe we had a poll on this before, courtesy of jokerswild.