PDA

View Full Version : K8o

Matty
07-11-2004, 04:44 AM
Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $1. MP2 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (5.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.50 BB, between Button, SB and Hero.</font>

When I play 1/2 I turn quite a bit more aggressive, and it usually pays off. Check-raising some hands like this had picked me up the pot a couple times when it was headsup earlier in this session- but was I making a mistake by trying it with so many limpers? Admittedly I didn't know what to do after getting so many callers. I would have folded to a bet on the turn, and possibly the river as well- although I may have called a river bet. :-/

sin808
07-11-2004, 05:00 AM
I'd fire one off on the turn. You slowed everybody down if you were ahead, but then gave them 2 free cards to make a better hand than yours.

3rdEye
07-11-2004, 05:01 AM
Bet the turn. You don't want to give a free card to an opponent with one diamond (not to mention let him hit his kicker). If you get raised, hopefully you have a read on the guy, otherwise, go with your instincts.