PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report : 100 - $10+$1 SNGs Version 1.0

Jurollo
07-11-2004, 04:04 AM
So I have decided to dedicate July to $10+$1 SNGs, breaking them down statistically into 100 SNG sets. After this I am going to review the results and see if it would be +EV for me to move up or simply stay in the $10's. The whole reasoning behind this move was a reduced bankroll. So I started with $50 in PP and throughout the first 30-40 it seemed I was just trying to survive, hovered around $50 the entire time, occassionally drifting to $120 and then a dreaded 10/11 out of the money streak brought me down to $20. As I like to 4-table this was obviously not good. I played what would have been my last SNG and came in 3rd, then got a 1st to move the BR back to $50. Then I finally started winning the coinflips and not losing with monsters. My bankroll slowly increased back towards $150 and with an amazing final 30 in the set, (including a 10 ITM streak) I moved my BR up to $480 to end the set. Not bad. Here are some of my numbers:
ITM - 48%
ROI - 39.09%
1st - 14
2nd - 15
3rd - 19

Not bad, had an unusual amount of 2nds, and 3rds which tamed my net profit a little even with the great ITM %. I will gleefully take 48% if I can up my win% a few points. First 4 in set #2 helped out with 2 1sts. Overall I am happy with these stats and feel they should be able to be replicated as I am far from a newbie to poker. I think it is fairly safe to think that over 100 SNGs at worst for a good player you could profit $100, but usually you should be able to profit anywhere from $250-$500. Anyone have any stats to compare to mine. Any results from your own games? Input will be considered and appreciated. And a huge thanks to Aleo Mangus for the spreadsheet, starting using it this set and it is great, much better than any of mine. Adios until version 2.0!

Dooner
07-11-2004, 07:51 AM
I also have been keeping track of my wins/losses. I usually play 7-10 single-table tournaments a week(at the $10+$1 Level) and here are my stats since January 1st, 2004:

Total Tournaments= 193
In The Money= 92 (47.7%)

1st Place= 34 (17.6%)
2nd Place= 25 (13.0%)
3rd Place= 33 (17.1%)
Out Of The Money= 101 (52.3%)

Total Spent= $2145 Total Won= $3110 Net Profit= $965

I'm glad that you posted your stats, because I was wondering the same thing myself. Have I improved enough to move to the next level? I guess it all depends on how you feel yourself. Your stats show that you have done well in the tournaments. If you feel confident that you will do as well or even better at the next level then you should probably take that step. If you are not, then you should stay where you are at. Confidence alone will not win the tournament for you. However, without it you are basically chum in a tank full of hungry sharks.

Hope this helps.

/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jurollo
07-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Well as I said before I am no newbie to SNGs, in fact, I played a majority of my time in the $20+$2's and have dabbled in the $30+$3 with decent results. However, even the best player can go 9-10 out of the money and due to my reduced bankroll I am staying in the $10's until I get a couple thousand saved up. Thanks for the input though, I see your results mirror mine. I have started Set #2 today and hope to have another set of 100 for reference by the end of the upcoming week, gotta love 4-tabling!

stupidsucker
07-11-2004, 01:29 PM
You dont need a couple thousand to play safely in the 20+2 range. $600 should be a fine bankroll, maybe move to 10+1 if you drop below $300.

But Its always better to have more then enough then not enough. I certainly dont want you to follow my advice and then bust.

Sounds like you are doing well.

Jurollo
07-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Well I am going to play out July in the $10's. I know my BR would be more than enough with $2k for the $20's but right now I am enjoying the $10 players /images/graemlins/grin.gif After July I am going to reevaluate my situation, in the mean time I am playing as many sets as possible of 100 in the $10's

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-12-2004, 11:06 AM
I definitely think the two of you should be moving up to the $22 SNGs ASAP and stay there (until I'm ready to move up, at which point you better be at the $33s). Leave some of the $11 money for me, would ya?