PDA

View Full Version : Bets flying everywhere

Bill Smith
07-11-2004, 02:12 AM
1. Should I eject at any point before the river?
2. What the HELL do I do with the river?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: BILL is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 (poster) raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">BILL 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, BILL calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BILL raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, BILL calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, BILL calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, BILL calls, Button calls.

River: (21.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, BILL...

SnakeRat
07-11-2004, 02:17 AM
I think I would eject on the river.

You picked up the straight flush draw that forces you to stick around whether you like it or not.

I made a similar post in small stakes where I had AA and folded the turn on a less scary board with similar action.

adanthar
07-11-2004, 03:26 AM
There's nothing you can do to fold pre-river.

On the river, you should probably fold, but the button finally slowed down on the turn. If you have any sort of tell that he won't raise the river (such as that he took a while to act on the turn), call. [This is a strict 'maniacs on Party' call. On any other site or in a live game, you'd autofold.]

However, if they're sane you lost to a set and aces.

SnakeRat
07-11-2004, 04:43 AM
Reading this hand again,
I would like to change I think I would eject on the river to I know I would eject on the river.

That board is just way too scary and there has been way to much action for 1 pair to be good.

You could easily be in last place.

TBone
07-11-2004, 11:11 AM
You absolutely cannot fold prior to the river. You've got an overpair, a gutshot, and the second nut flush draw at the turn. Given the action on the turn, I think folding the river isn't too bad.

T

Bill Smith
07-11-2004, 12:17 PM
Well, it seems like most or all of you would play it as I did, including folding the river. At the time, my logic behind folding was "There is no way, not even a 5% chance, that my hand is good given the action. Button capped PF and is representing AA or a set on the flop and turn - his slowdown only means he fears a flush or overset from UTG+1, who has bet and raised at every opportunity."

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 (poster) raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (21.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 23.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 23.75 BB, between UTG+1 and Button.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+1 (23.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows Qd Ad (one pair, queens).
Button shows Ac Kh (high card, ace).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 23.75 BB. </font>

My kingdom for a read! I mean, seriously! Who plays like this?!

Is there a 5% chance MHIG here? There is virtually no chance of a flush or straight on the board - TT would've folded the flop, AT and KT shouldn't be in the hand, and I'm holding the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif which negates AKs. So, I really only fear AA, QQ, JJ, and maybe QJs or 44. How many times on Party do you see AQ or KQ played this the same way, especially with an A /images/graemlins/spade.gif? Should I call this if I think I can see it for 1 BB (considering Button's slowdown) or am I being blinded by the results?

Peter Harris
07-11-2004, 12:29 PM
1) no

2) as adanthar and snakerat say, the river is a fold, you're too unlikely to have the best hand. I reckon aces and 2 pair are the hands, not straight or flush.

Now to be surprised...

Regards,
Pete Harris

Peter Harris
07-11-2004, 12:42 PM
fricking insane. Don't be blinded by results at maniac party. Next time you'll call and button will raise and you'll be even more pissed off.

Regards,
Pete Harris