PDA

View Full Version : Should I smoothcall this 2-toned flop?

blackaces13
07-10-2004, 09:40 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, between UTG+1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (11 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows Qc Jh (one pair, queens).
Hero shows 3s 3c (three of a kind, threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 11 BB. </font>

Seems that a call on the flop gets me more $ and the only hands I'm knocking out are the ones that I would like to stay in. Flush draws are going no where obviously.

SnakeRat
07-10-2004, 10:36 PM
You played it perfectly.

You make money when the flush draws call you, they or someone with top-pair/2pair may even 3-bet you so you can cap.

blackaces13
07-10-2004, 10:39 PM
I know I make $ when the flushdraws call me. And I also know that they are going to call me everytime. My concern was that I knocked out 3 of 4 opponents when holding a monster. The more I think about it though the more I realize that this is an auto raise because normally I get more $ into the pot by raising. Just in this case they all happened to fold but usually I'll pick up some calls.

Peter Harris
07-11-2004, 07:44 AM
raising is the right move. people will be calling 2 bets if they caught a piece of the flop, and those that missed will not contribute a single bet. nor do you want them to. Gouge those still in the pot and let the dead money wait for you to drag it in.

Regards,
Pete Harris

Saborion
07-11-2004, 01:57 PM
I'd call the flop for exactly the reasons you stated. Whether or not is correct, I'm not sure.