PDA

View Full Version : Chasers once again.

BlackMamba
07-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Hello.I was just eliminated from a TP $50+$5 Limit Holdem tournament.I was going into the final as the chip leader with about $4500 in chips.This hand truly crippled my chances of makin the final table.And its all because of chasers,people who chase down to the river on capped flops and truns hoping to catch there one out on the riv to win a big pot.If this was NL,I would've easily won this hand,but because you can only bet so much and the fact that people love to chase in Limit tourneys at TP just adds to the agony. The blinds are $50/$100 and the limits are $100/$200.

I'm dealt K /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in MP. A player in front of me raises to $200.He was just caught bluffing on a earlier hand so I really don't respect his raise ( mistake #1 ).I call and a player behind me 3 bets.That player was also caught bluffing on an earlier hand so I don't respect her raise either.The initial raiser calls and 5 other people call.
Pot is now $2000

Flop comes: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.The SB bets $100.1 person calls and then another player re-raises to $200. Seeing as I don't respect their bets and raises,I 3 bet to $300.I 4 callers, including the 2 bluffers.

Pot is now $3,431

Turn comes: K /images/graemlins/club.gif, givin me the trips. Right now, I can pretty much guarantee that I have the best hand. The first bluffer bets $200 and gets raised by me to $400.I don't even have to slow play as they're bettin into me /images/graemlins/grin.gif.One person calls and the bluffer 3 bets to $800.I call and the other player calls.

Pot is now $5,631

Turn comes:10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.A little worry comes upon me as maybe both players were bettin and raisin with 4 to the flush, but I bet $200 anyways. The first bluffer goes all in for $171 and both me and the other bluffer call.The other bluffer turns over A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the 2 pair.Yay, 1 bluffer down, 1 to go.I turn over my set, with extremely high hopes that I have this hand won. But, to my dismay, the original bluffer turns over A /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the rivered nut flush. I say to myself," If this was NL I woulda won this hand already.". Shortly after that, I bust out in 12th, missing the final table and not gettin as much cash as I expected to.

Questions

1.Was this complete situation avoidable, i.e. me folding my hand PF?

2.Did I make the wrong move by not respecting the original bluffer's raises PF, on the flop, and on the turn. If so, how could've, if I could've, made this a more profitable situation?

3.Did the orignal bluffer make the correct play, or did he just get a very nice river?

Tosh
07-10-2004, 09:04 PM
Easy fold preflop.

Chief911
07-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Although you did get rivered, Tosh is very correct, EASY fold preflop. Its amazing how hands that should be folded preflop, but catch some good action postflop seem to always go bad.

F.O.L.D.

Nick

Toro
07-10-2004, 10:45 PM
I agree with the others. Why would you play this hand? I wouldn't play it even if it didn't get raised in front of me. But I know why you played it. You played it because it was suited, right?

So many players will play trash cards just because they're suited. Know how many times you'll make a flush when you start with 2 suited cards? One in 14 is all. And if you're playing anything but a suited Ace you can't even be sure you have the best hand.

Tell me if I'm wrong about why you played it.

SossMan
07-10-2004, 11:06 PM
OH MY GOD, THATS THE WORST BEAT IVE EVER SEEN. I CANT BELIEVE HE HIT A FLUSH DRAW!! WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF THAT HAPPENING!! IT MUST BE A MILLION TO ONE! YOU ARE SO UNLUCKY! SURE THEY BOTH HAD YOU SUCKING TAILPIPE PREFLOP WHEN THEY RAISED BUT HELL YOU FLOPPED THE BEST HAND, SO IT IS HORRIBLE THAT THEY CALLED. DIDN'T THEY KNOW YOU HAD THE BEST HAND AND DESERVED THE POT???? I'M SURE THEY WILL JUST GIVE THEIR CHIPS AWAY TO THE "GOOD" PLAYERS BY CALLING A PREFLOP RAISE WITH SOME GARBAGE LIKE K8s.

siccjay
07-11-2004, 01:38 AM
lmao

Tosh
07-11-2004, 06:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Tell me if I'm wrong about why you played it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilt.

BlackMamba
07-11-2004, 11:52 AM
Ouch, harsh words guys.But I am a person who can take extremely harsh constructive criticism and use it to become a better player and poster. Thx for all the comments, no matter how harsh and sarcastic they may be. And Toro, if you want a reason why I played the hand in the first place, yes, you were right, a play this absolute junk because it was suited.

SossMan
07-11-2004, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ouch, harsh words guys.But I am a person who can take extremely harsh constructive criticism and use it to become a better player and poster. Thx for all the comments, no matter how harsh and sarcastic they may be. And Toro, if you want a reason why I played the hand in the first place, yes, you were right, a play this absolute junk because it was suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised mamba. That's a pretty mature response. Just remember, few people care about your bad beat stories and the ones that do are glad.
Just post hands that you have questions about...not bad beats.

BlackMamba
07-11-2004, 12:35 PM
No problem Soss, I'll start doing exactly that /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tripdad
07-11-2004, 03:00 PM
you likely would have lost this in N/L also. bad call preflop. you're the chip leader and you need to sit on it in limit poker.

cheers!