PDA

View Full Version : Review this SNG

ddubois
07-10-2004, 08:00 PM
I haven't played in a week or two, and I came back to this frustrating experience (http://ddubois.bounceme.net/poker/pty_07102004_01.txt). I welcome any comments. I recommend downloading and using the replayer.

AsusFull
07-10-2004, 08:10 PM
You may want to say what replayer you are talking about.
"the" isn't too specific.

ddubois
07-10-2004, 08:21 PM
I only know of one. It can be used online or downloaded: http://teamfu.freeshell.org/replayer.html

Tosh
07-10-2004, 08:47 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="C00000">Hero (t800)</font>
Button (t785)
SB (t785)
BB (t800)
UTG (t800)
UTG+1 (t800)
UTG+2 (t845)
<font color="C00000">MP1 (t785)</font>
MP2 (t800)
MP3 (t800)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls t15, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls t15, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t70</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls t55, MP3 calls t55.

Flop: (t235) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets t15</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, MP1 calls t135.

Turn: (t535) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets t15</font>, Hero calls t15.

River: (t565) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets t15</font>, Hero calls t15.

Final Pot: t595
<font color="green">Main Pot: t595 (t595), between Hero and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (t595).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows Qd Ts (one pair, tens).
Hero shows Ah Ks (high card, ace).
Outcome: MP1 wins t595. </font>

Don't like the flop raise. These tiny bets normally mean they have something and will call a raise, just that they don't want to. Take him up on his offer of a very cheap card to hit a pair. Otherwise I don't see a problem.

BrettK
07-10-2004, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't like the flop raise. These tiny bets normally mean they have something and will call a raise, just that they don't want to. Take him up on his offer of a very cheap card to hit a pair. Otherwise I don't see a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this most often the case, Tosh? I've seen a lot of min-betting on the flop recently and have been wondering if the min-bets are weak attempts to steal the pot, indicators of marginal hands and sometimes monsters, or just regular bets by timid people.

Brett

Tosh
07-10-2004, 09:14 PM
They seem to be top pair weak kicker/mid pair or often they're a draw. The only draw on that board is J9 so I just think its likely he's trying to get to a cheap showdown with a pair of sorts.

ScottTheFish
07-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Not much to say, some clown calls your all-in with k5 and hits trips. then shortstacked your JJ runs into QQ (which turns into a boat just to rub it in /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Other than saving a few chips by not raising the flop on the AK hand, not much you can do. Also sucks you folded 44 and saw a 4 on the flop. that's always fun. You were right to fold tho. It woulda cost you 20% of your stack to see a flop, and thats just too much.

holeplug
07-10-2004, 09:59 PM
Your trying to bluff a bad player here. Don't do it, their going to call all the way down with their top pair everytime. After he bets into you on the flop you know he has something so just call his bet and try to improve but don't raise so much cause he ain't going anywhere.

ddubois
07-10-2004, 10:42 PM
sucks you folded 44 and saw a 4 on the flop... It woulda cost you 20% of your stack to see a flop, and thats just too much.

Yeah, that hand bothered me. But it was only 10% of my stack, not 20%. And that makes me wonder if I should have called, given multiple players and the overlay.

Your trying to bluff a bad player here. Don't do it, their going to call all the way down with their top pair everytime

I find these limp-every-hand, call-any-small-raise types really frustrating to play against. Especially when I have a hand good enough to steal a blind with, but they mess up my plan by having already limped to me. There's always a few of them at any SNG, and they always seem to go up early hitting their crap while I slide into short-stacked-land. Sure tehy eventually bust, but it's stifling until then. With Party's structure I feel like I need to win every hand I play, or I end up pushnig with crap 10 mins later. It makes me wonder if I should just go directly into "push all-in mode" right from the start, because getting called by KT when I have AQ, or called by QJ when I have AK, and then getting out-flopped, simply sucks.

ScottTheFish
07-10-2004, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sucks you folded 44 and saw a 4 on the flop... It woulda cost you 20% of your stack to see a flop, and thats just too much.

Yeah, that hand bothered me. But it was only 10% of my stack, not 20%. And that makes me wonder if I should have called, given multiple players and the overlay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, at 10% it's marginal. According to the rule of 5 and 10, you should fold it, but if you are closing the action for 10% with multi way action, its probably worth taking a shot to hit your set. If there is a chance it can be reraised behind me, i probably muck it. I dont remember which was the case on your hand.

Hiding
07-11-2004, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't have raised the min bet on the flop with AK either call it and hope for a good turn card. The 44 I laydown too.

I do have a question though you have two Axs hands in a row, one there are three limpers too you and you fold, yet the next there is one limper and you call. I would have been in with the first one and probably not the second. Did you limp the second because you saw the previous one you folded hit the nut flush?

Jurollo
07-11-2004, 01:23 PM
I think that play on the flop completely depends on what level he is on. People will stay in on draws in the lower levels and if you fire another bullet on the turn you may be able to take it down uncontested, but use this technique with caution, can bankrupt you quick if you do it at the wrong time.

ddubois
07-11-2004, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you limp the second because you saw the previous one you folded hit the nut flush?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, that's pretty much it. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I'm playing with too much emotion and too little discipline right now. Had a pretty awful night as a result.

Cosimo
07-15-2004, 01:55 AM
I played a month of 3-hour-a-day microlimit limit ring. That bored the emotion out of me. After enough suckouts, bad beats, and grindy hours, the money turned into tokens and my anger at bad beats subsided. I was left with the exciting challenge of playing well and hard, and surfing the fora when play slowed down.

So, yeah. My recommendation is to play-play-play. Eventually I get perspective on the beats. And as GI Joe (http://www.fenslerfilm.com/?sec=video) said, knowing (http://www.joeheadquarters.com/joeendings.shtml) is half the battle.