PDA

View Full Version : AC Trip report

wm r the rake
07-10-2004, 05:51 PM
I'm from San Antonio and my buddy lives in D.C.....i flew into Baltimore and we drove to Atlantic City from there.......Well the first night i was there i was able to play in a $50 nl tourney at the trop.....to which they had 160 people and it was a rebuy....no real big hands to report other than a lot of these people didn't really know how to value bet their hands.....didn't have any goods hands on the final table and got blinded out...made it to 8th out of 160...nice little piece of cheese for 6 hours of work

My buddy was playing some 4/8 at the time i busted out so i decided to play .....after about 8 hours at his table i got up and we both had about 12 bb from that and decided to have some breakfast...went to sleep for about 5 hours and woke up and started to play some more 4/8....not so well this time but still not that bad ... if i remember correctly i lost like $40.

It was like 6 pm so we decided to go to the borgata...that's when we got T-rashed and decided to blow $200....all i can say is that the waitress there are unreal (very beautiful).....all nice and ready to take your money....the dealers on the other hand were very anal and didn't know what a straddle was...they said there are no straddles here...so i said ok i raise in blind..well all the people at the table were like what the f is going on...can you say no tip for the dealers when we pulled in the pots on the straddles?? after about 6 hours of people just hating you and losing the $200 that you put on the table we decided it was a night and tried to get back to our place.

We then decided we should check out the Taj...nothing really to say other than i had made a bet with my friend that the first person to say"how's you's doing" will get a crisp new $10 bill...ironically the lady taking our parking into the Taj said the magic words and she was like what is this for.....saying the maigic words........lol...that was a good laugh.
I guess being use to limit's here in texas and vegas i was in for a shock when i was unable to make $5 wager on blackjack at the taj.....the least we saw were $25.....DAMN....well we tried to sober up and hit the buffet....damn $24 for 2 people to me was expensive especially for breakfast...oh well.............. we went and checked out the poker room there...nothing to brag about and on top of that 45-1 hour to wait for the 5-10 or nl 1/2 was too long...so we decided to call it a night....

Woke up the next day and my friend and i said that we would play the 4/8 putting $100 on the table (i know that sounds cheap but we did it anyways) and that when we hit $200 we would buy into the 1/2 nl there at the trop....well in the mean time my buddy hit a royal and was able to spin the wheel and got a hat.......geeze whooooop deee dooooo for a whooping $24 pot......lol....oh well...well needless to say i was able to get my stack up to $200 and said put me on the list for the 1/2 nl...it took about 45 minutes before my name was called and won another $65.
I buy into the nl and played on that table for about 30 minutes before they moved me to the main table....i was like holy shiz....at this game the min buy in was $60 and max was $300....4 guys at the main table had over $1600 in front of them...one if not mistaken had roughly $2200....so i put my $200 on the table and really didn't catch anything till i had black aces on the button...i had $160 in front of me and make it $15 to go....i had 2 callers(bb and mp1)....flop comes aa7....
bb bets out $30 and mp1 call and i call......turn comes q....bb bets out $60 mp1 folds...i look down to make sure i had those aces...and raise all-in...bb calls and shows wired 7's.... i rake the pot and the people there are like holy shiz...they even had people from the other table come over to check out what happend....i play for another hour and decided it was time to go check out the taj poker room since i wanted to play there.
My Buddy and i go to the taj and i put myself on the 5/10 and nl 1/2...my buddy is soooo tired he decides to call it a night and heads back to the suv and crash there....i get called for the 5/10 and play.....nothing really sticks out other than it was a very tight table and broke even.....i get called for the 1/2 nl and sit down there for about 3 hours and walk away with about $75....i decided i need some food and headed off to pizza place at the entrance of the taj.

I go back and put my name on the 5/10 since the nl waitlist was huge....this table was exciting.....very loose and banging.....only one big hand sticks out that upset 2 locals....i was big blind with 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif.... mp3 raises and button and i call....flop comes 457 rainbow....i check mp3 bets and button raises, i re-raise and mp3 caps it....turn comes a 7....i check mp3 bets, button raises i reraise and mp3 caps it....river is a 3....i bet out, mp3 raises and button calls and i re-raise and mp3 caps it....mp turns over aa...button turns over 68 and of course i turn over mine....man i wish i had a camera for the look on their faces....all i heard was how the heck do you call that pre-flop raise with that crap....i look up and smile and said very easily i just put $5 out there....oh man that didn't settle well with them....so everytime i was in a hand all they would do is raise me....i just kept this big smile on my face and kept showing them a $5 chip.....everyone at the table was like rolling on the floor laughing....i would say that i took another $160 off them before i decided it was the end of my poker journey in atlantic city

I think this was the best part of the trip...as i was leaving one of the guys that i took the money from came over to me and said that i should come back to the game because they wanted to win the money back....i was like ok........so i come and pretend that i was sitting back down.....look for the waitress and ask to borrow her pen.....took out the pen and wrote my signature across 2 red chips and throw the chips towards the 2 guys that were giving me crap the time i was there and said there's your money back /images/graemlins/grin.gif
As i was getting up to leave and cash in my rack, the other players at the table got up and came over and shook my hand and was like thanks for putting those idiots in their place....i was like no problem.....as i was walking out of the taj even one of the dealers were like i haven't laughed so hard in my life /images/graemlins/wink.gif

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-10-2004, 06:29 PM
Best...Report...Ever.

Thanks for the laughs.

astroglide
07-11-2004, 09:34 PM
can't read the way it's formatted presently /images/graemlins/frown.gif

wm r the rake
07-12-2004, 11:23 AM
what do you mean by the way it's formatted?