PDA

View Full Version : Mouth-Watering from the rail at Paradise 40-80.

Baulucky
07-10-2004, 04:07 PM
I have been eagerly watching the 40-80 game at paradise for several days. It varies from heads-up to 8 handed, rarely getting full.

Aside from a few regulars, I have seen several players come and go and playing K3o, off the blinds 63o calling raises, etc. (and sure taking some pots too).

Anybody playing over there regularly?.

I wish I had the cojones and/or the Bankroll to try my hand there...Maybe one day.

How much can one expect from a game like this, with 3-4 regular TAGs and a few fish coming and going?.

Let me qualify my vague question: Assuming 3 TAGS with the same skill sit in this table and 3-4 fish come and go. What is the +EV for these TAGS?. Approximations and comments appreciated from people playing these limits.

Tosh
07-10-2004, 04:18 PM
Monstrous swings for a start.

Baulucky
07-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Avg. pots of ~500 and I've seen them as high as $2K. Didn't seem too different (relatively BB wise) from some tight lower limit games. I can't really judge, because the game is very dynamycal, getting short handed, then semi-full, then HU, etc.

What I may deem atrocious play, may be closer to correct when it gets short, etc. Agression seemed very high, not unlike how I try to play these days.

Renaud Desferet
07-12-2004, 09:24 AM
Don't fool yourself, the game can be tough.
It is always the same story at those levels: there are very tough opponents (angelina,solopogo,dongbang etc...) and u need to be better than decent to compete against them. The fish will feed u but u can quickly give back your money to better players.

nykenny
07-12-2004, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't fool yourself, the game can be tough.
It is always the same story at those levels: there are very tough opponents (angelina,solopogo,dongbang etc...) and u need to be better than decent to compete against them. The fish will feed u but u can quickly give back your money to better players.

[/ QUOTE ]

precisely